Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

5th gen Brembo bakes BUT manual!?

Hi everyone,

I am looking to install some better brakes on my 67 Camaro, I just got done putting the LS in the car with tall valve covers and the current old booster is quite a bit closer to the valve cover than I'd like it to be. I really would like to go with some Wilwood 6piston front and 4piston in the rear that will fit in my 18" wheels. I really don's care for anything over 18s on first gens so I also started looking at the potential to run a manual Wilwood master setup and maybe run 5th gen Brembo calipers to fit but everything I have seen is 5th gen Brembo calipers with POWER setup.. So with all that being said has anyone done this setup with MANUAL master to keep a clean look or am I better off just spending the extra on Wilwood calipers?

thanks!
      1967 camaro 6.0 LS BTR stage 3 cam TKO600 trans.

I am running the 6gen calipers with a manual master cylinder. I bought the kit from Big Brake Upgrade everything fit perfectly. The car stops great but I'm using a 1" bore master for a 69 corvette and the pedal is a bit stiff, I will be swapping to a 15/16 master soon.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by Bottlefed98 View Post
      I am running the 6gen calipers with a manual master cylinder. I bought the kit from Big Brake Upgrade everything fit perfectly. The car stops great but I'm using a 1" bore master for a 69 corvette and the pedal is a bit stiff, I will be swapping to a 15/16 master soon.
      Nice setup, what are your wheels size setup?