Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

GM A-Body systems, anyone other than Pypes?

Anyone know if anyone makes mandrel bent systems, other than Pypes? I'd really like to just buy the tailpipes (muffler back) pre-made, rather than fabricate them. But for what I want to do between the headers and mufflers, I'd be using very little of their system. Just looking for an alternative if there is one. 67 GTO with a Pontiac engine and Doug's headers.
      67 GTO - Build underway
      66 Bronco U13 Roadster
      And a couple of 80's Porsches

Quote Originally Posted by 67King View Post
      Anyone know if anyone makes mandrel bent systems, other than Pypes? I'd really like to just buy the tailpipes (muffler back) pre-made, rather than fabricate them. But for what I want to do between the headers and mufflers, I'd be using very little of their system. Just looking for an alternative if there is one. 67 GTO with a Pontiac engine and Doug's headers.
      I do believe that Flowmaster and MagnaFlow both offer full systems for GM A-bodies.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      I do believe that Flowmaster and MagnaFlow both offer full systems for GM A-bodies.

Andrew
      Thank you. Same issue, only full crossmember back. Hoping to find the over the axle and tailpipe portion, probably not much demand. Question for you, in your iterations, have you done 2.5 and 3.0" systems, just one, or what? I should have a very healthy 461, expect to be sufficiently north of 500 horsepower, but worry about droning with the larger systems. Thinking abotu 3" with a resonantor and mufflers, currently. I know you've done a lot of different stuff with your GTO, so thought I'd check. I really need to make a page about mine.
      67 GTO - Build underway
      66 Bronco U13 Roadster

Thank you!!!!! Side note.....had a white 69 4-4-2 for a few years, too. Very nice ride! Best looking year for the Olds.
      67 GTO - Build underway
      66 Bronco U13 Roadster

Thank you. Same issue, only full crossmember back. Hoping to find the over the axle and tailpipe portion, probably not much demand. Question for you, in your iterations, have you done 2.5 and 3.0" systems, just one, or what? I should have a very healthy 461, expect to be sufficiently north of 500 horsepower, but worry about droning with the larger systems. Thinking abotu 3" with a resonantor and mufflers, currently. I know you've done a lot of different stuff with your GTO, so thought I'd check. I really need to make a page about mine.
      When I first built the GTO it had a built 502 and a 3" system with huge mufflers. There was no drone and it was pretty quiet.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Just did a 68 with a Butler 461. Used a 3" Magnaflow kit that had the 4x9 mufflers on it. Lots of drone in that one.

Oddly enough, the tailpipes fit the worst out of the whole kit and we ended up scrapping most of that part of the kit.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Thank you!!!!! Side note.....had a white 69 4-4-2 for a few years, too. Very nice ride! Best looking year for the Olds.

You're welcome. And thanks for the compliment!

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Well, in perusing around, trying to find a 3" stainless system, and inquiring to Flow Master if they'd do one (the ones listed are 2.5" Aluminzed, 2.5" SS, and 3.0" Aluminized). Went back to the Pypes site.....just there a day or two ago. They had a clearance item listed that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. So I snagged it.
      Don't know if I'll keep those mufflers, but with the system, they were basically half price, so I snagged them. https://pypesexhaust.com/i-23437389-...tem-sga31.html
      67 GTO - Build underway
      66 Bronco U13 Roadster

Well, in perusing around, trying to find a 3" stainless system, and inquiring to Flow Master if they'd do one (the ones listed are 2.5" Aluminzed, 2.5" SS, and 3.0" Aluminized). Went back to the Pypes site.....just there a day or two ago. They had a clearance item listed that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. So I snagged it.
      Don't know if I'll keep those mufflers, but with the system, they were basically half price, so I snagged them. https://pypesexhaust.com/i-23437389-...tem-sga31.html
      That's a really great price!
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Well, here's another, and it is even less. Ah, well. https://mandrelbendingsolutions.com/...ailpipes-gabs/

This is a great place for those who fab up their own. Used them for a few builds (all IRS cars, with no axle to deal with, so a bit easier).

67 GTO - Build underway
      66 Bronco U13 Roadster

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com