Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Terminator X with only one O2 sensor?

My new LS3 crate motor came with a Holley Terminator X system. I am puzzled that it only has one O2 sensor. Is this correct? Shouldn’t it have one for each side? Does it matter which side of the exhaust I use?

Country Flag: United States
      One O2 is fine. I put a bung in each exhaust pipe. If the car ever goes on a dyno they will want to hook up their own wideband. If you ever have a problem it can be helpful to swap the O2 from side to side. If you want to be really fancy you run the car and leave the O2 on which ever bank tends to run leaner.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

If I recall correctly, you can add a 2nd O2 to one of the terminator inputs (must be X/X max) but it will be limited in what it can do. Something like it can not run closed loop based off of the 2nd O2, so the 2nd O2 is there just to monitor, not run the engine. But I’m basically efi illiterate, so hopefully someone in the know can confirm what I’m saying.

Quote Originally Posted by brickyard69 View Post
      My new LS3 crate motor came with a Holley Terminator X system. I am puzzled that it only has one O2 sensor. Is this correct? Shouldn’t it have one for each side? Does it matter which side of the exhaust I use?
      The Terminator X (and X Max) ECUs only have one wideband O2 sensor. You can install it in either bank. If I can be of service with the tuning or other questions, please email me: projectgattago at gmail dot com

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

This is one limitation across the Holley ECU line up. Even if you add the second O2, the ECU strategy does not allow independent cylinder bank trim. Your options are, left only, right only, average (of two sensors), richest, or leanest. The important thing on setting up the software is limiting fuel trim corrections, especially at high load WOT. Once tuned, I don't recommend allowing negative fuel trim to be more than a few percent, depending on the combo, and at WOT, I don't allow any negative fuel trim.

Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com