Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Hydraulic throwout bearing suggestions?

So this LS stuff is new to me and I am trying to do my homework before I purchase. I have a TKO600 5 speed that came behind a 383 with a Lakewood bell housing that I will be bolting up behind my L96 wannabe LS3 engine. The trans came with clutch fork and Centerforce clutch and flywheel. Not sure of clutch model number but its basically new. The flywheel is like new but has surface rust, so I will probably need a new flywheel to go with the new hydraulic throwout bearing.

Can anybody recommend a hydraulic throwout bearing and flywheel for me please? So many options out here.

Thanks, Erik

I ended up using these 2 products for my TKX with no issues so far. Keep in mind that you'd be advised to dial in the bellhousing and shim the throwout bearing to spec.
      https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mcl-460530
      https://ramclutches.com/product/78125HD/

I have my best luck with a Tilton release bearing. They seem to have a seal design that outlasts others on the market, plus it has a separate bleed line that makes it easier to get the air out. I certainly agree with other replies to dial in the bell housing and set your bearing to clutch gap correctly.

Make sure you measure everything before purchasing on my ls3 i needed more adjustment on my to bearing and had to wait months for a spacer to move it out towards the clutch. Not realizing that there is a flywheel that is thicker for ls engines to compensate for that
      1969 frost green camaro
      LS3
      Speedtech pro touring front subframe
      ridetech rear 4-link
      moser 12 bolt eaton tru trac 3.73

Quote Originally Posted by cwmusser View Post
      I have my best luck with a Tilton release bearing. They seem to have a seal design that outlasts others on the market, plus it has a separate bleed line that makes it easier to get the air out. I certainly agree with other replies to dial in the bell housing and set your bearing to clutch gap correctly.
      How far down do you have to press your pedal before the clutch releases? I was very careful setting up my Tilton release bearing per the instructions but clutch doesn’t release until pedal is almost on the floor. Pulled it, remeasured, etc, but same outcome.

I did not need to press my pedal very far to release the clutch. It sounds like there "might" still be some air in the system "OR" the ratio on your clutch pedal is possibly too high. It should be in the 6 or 7 to 1 ratio.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com