Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: C4 seats?

C4 seats?

Has anyone used C4 seats or maybe even C5 in their 1st Gen F-body? Any issues?

Country Flag: United States
      Not sure about C4 or C5 seats but I have the Procar Elite seats in my 67 Firebird and really like them. The good thing about the Procar seats is you can use a standard seat adapter. Not sure what mods if any would be needed to bolt up C4 or C5 seats. I've also heard of some people using late model mustang seats in first gens.
      1967 Firebird (current project)
      1967 Firebird (unfinished project SOLD)

I used C4 seats in a prior '68 Camaro. They were solidly meh. Not a lot of lateral support, and not the best for a long day of travel - but probably wildly better than the stock seats.

Mike Kelcy - '68 Camaro with some stuff done to it.

They're a nice affordable option if you're wanting a cheaper performance seat. I'm using a set of C4 seats that I was able to pull from the wrecking yard because they were in good condition. I had to build brackets and have heard about issues with the gears in the seat tracks stripping out if you use the power versions. There are likely better options out there.

With some minor cutting, drilling and a little welding, I retrofitted 2000 Pontiac Trans Am seats in my 69 Camaro. Drivers side only required cutting off excess metal and drilling two new rear holes to line up with original rear seat mounts. The fronts align perfectly. Passenger side I had to cut off the rear “shoe” section and fabricate a new shoe. Fairly simple welding work needed for the rear, fronts line up perfectly. Don’t know about C4 seats but these seats are extremely supportive and very comfortable AFAIC. The 6-way power and power lumbar are a bonus. Here’s some pix… I built a wooden buck to help position the seat rails and once I cut the old shoes off, I corrected the new ones so that the rails were leveled fore/aft and side to side. My welding is deplorably ugly but I have good penetration on both sides of the new & old upright sections. Made cardboard patterns to make sure everything lined up before making the metal “T” sections.

Name:  0020435B-F652-4C0D-900D-5B4915A461D0.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  369.3 KB Name:  3B372373-77AA-4845-85FE-5A49014811E2.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  419.8 KBName:  67CE8C2A-7723-4184-9AAA-0E3DECBC2359.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  745.1 KB
      '69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

Quality work there!!

Thanks i will probably do the same. I have some Chrysler Sebring seats I want to put in a 1971 Chevelle. They seem a bit off if I match up the center holes to the original so I was going to fab up an adapter but before I started bending metal I was thinking of doing a Template of some type. So this "wooden buck" is a great idea so i can do it outside the Car.

I put 2018 mustang seats in my 68 camaro convertible, I made a template of the original floor with a metal frame, then made L shaped brackets and welded them to the mustang seat frame and used the original holes in the camaro floor to mount them, worked great, all electric is hooked up to them
      Name:  IMG_8371.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  720.7 KBName:  IMG_8371.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  720.7 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com