Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by mc1984ss View Post
      I've been dealing with this problem for so long it's got another point where I don't even like looking at it.
      Right there with you. Brake fluid has overtaken transmission fluid as my absolute least favorite thing to deal with on a car. Good luck getting yours run- err, stopping again.

My tip of the day is to keep a bucket of soapy water handy that way if you spilled brake fluid where it shouldn't be you can quit clean it off. It is water soluble so washing it off of paint with soapy water will prevent it from eating the paint. That and one other thing I found handy I bought a package of absorbent pads used for pets off Amazon they were great for tucking around the master cylinder or anywhere else you may have fluid dripping that don't want it.

Country Flag: United States
      Go through the brake system, drum brakes sometimes have a residual pressure valve that holds 2-5lbs on the rear shoes. See if you have that on your car and eliminate it and see if it makes a difference. My opinion after fighting with cobbled together systems like yours, is replace all the lines and valves and basically start from scratch w/ a new system short of the calipers. A LOT of times in a pwr/man conversion you have the wrong pedal or wrong pedal ratio. It's a picky *******, ask me how I know. I would do the math on your pedal or go on the Chevelle forums and see if anyone has a manual brake pedal they can sell you to try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com