Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Ok, so I finished my first full month monetized and YouTube owes me $58.77 or something like that. They don't send you a payment until you have at least $100 in the account, so I guess I'm in the penalty box for now.

Anyway, the $58.77 was earned in a 30 day period where I had close to 1,500 watch hours and about 1,200 subscribers total.

$58.77 isn't enough to fill up my daily with gas, but it's a start. Figure I need to double it about 4 times until I can make enough on YT to cover a decent car payment, and that's going to take some time.
      Check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck rescues and rebuilds! THE BULLETPROOF GARAGE!!! - YouTube

Nice on getting monetized.
      I'm nowhere near that yet but I've only gotten serious about doing videos this off season and things are picking up.

https://www.youtube.com/@codysmithmotorsports736/videos

Currently part way through designing a 3 link/watts link for my Cutlass
      Time Attack 85 Oldsmobile Cutlass
      Instagram: @Asphalt_Gundam
      YouTube: Cody Smith Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by RIF RAF View Post
      Nice on getting monetized.
      I'm nowhere near that yet but I've only gotten serious about doing videos this off season and things are picking up.

https://www.youtube.com/@codysmithmotorsports736/videos

Currently part way through designing a 3 link/watts link for my Cutlass

Badass car! I subscribed and watched one of your track videos. Look forward to seeing more action videos!
      Check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck rescues and rebuilds! THE BULLETPROOF GARAGE!!! - YouTube

Up to 21 videos and 1544 subscribers and things are slow. Views are down, pace of new subscribers is down, etc. I'm still putting out content and I get a bump every time I post a new video, but I think folks just aren't working on cars as much during the winter. My guess - I'll get a bump in a few weeks as football season and hunting seasons end and as the weather warms up and folks start thinking about wrenching again.

Looks like I'm earning about $60 a month, but still waiting for my first official payday; YT doesn't send funds if you make less than $100 in a month, and I only cleared $58 in my first month of being monetized.

Up to 1683 subscribers. Things may be picking up just a tad.

I'm also up to 24 videos now, and lately I've been more focused on tech videos - how to check engine block for cracks, how to measure a bore and check for taper and out of round using dial bore gauge, how to measure valve guides and check valve recession, etc. These should be steady performers over the years. At least I hope they will be.

I have changed my settings for payment so I'll only get paid when I have $500 in my Google Adsense account. Otherwise, the $60/month will just get lost.

I just subscribed because of this thread and that pic of the 87ish cutlass!
      Dan

92 Vette LT1 ZF 6 speed
      94 ' Burb on 35s
      87 350 S10 5speed
      2012 Acura V6 TL Daily Driver

In case it helps , I like to watch things that involve fabrication or suspension mods . I'm more of a remove and replace kind of guy on transmissions and engine .Your one ton really does it for me as I've picked up a roller 2000 GMC 3500 HD roller . I've acquired a 8.1/496 BBC and a NV4500 . It came while a 4.63 Dana 80 This truck is basically the equivalent of a F450 . 10 lug wheels and is GVW at 15000 although some are rated to 18000 . Its categorized as a 1.5 ton. Thinking about 4wheel driving it with a Dana 10 lug super 60 from a ford and a Ford divorced 205 . Going with a flatbed . Hopefully one tha dumps . I'll try to post up some construction pics if your interested. It is your fault after all.
      Dan

92 Vette LT1 ZF 6 speed
      94 ' Burb on 35s
      87 350 S10 5speed
      2012 Acura V6 TL Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by hoosiergta View Post
      I just subscribed because of this thread and that pic of the 87ish cutlass!
      Excellent! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hoosiergta View Post
      In case it helps , I like to watch things that involve fabrication or suspension mods . I'm more of a remove and replace kind of guy on transmissions and engine .Your one ton really does it for me as I've picked up a roller 2000 GMC 3500 HD roller . I've acquired a 8.1/496 BBC and a NV4500 . It came while a 4.63 Dana 80 This truck is basically the equivalent of a F450 . 10 lug wheels and is GVW at 15000 although some are rated to 18000 . Its categorized as a 1.5 ton. Thinking about 4wheel driving it with a Dana 10 lug super 60 from a ford and a Ford divorced 205 . Going with a flatbed . Hopefully one tha dumps . I'll try to post up some construction pics if your interested. It is your fault after all.
      Sounds like an awesome project! Post up some pics!

I loves me an 8.1, too. I had one in a 2001 K2500 Suburban that I sold a few years ago. Heck of an engine!

Name:  DSCN3634.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  709.4 KB

Now up to 28 videos and 2,000 subscribers, but income hasn't picked up - still only about $50 per month.

Just posted a video on the 7.3 IDI turbo diesel engine short block build - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-96getWjac&t=103s

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletpruf View Post
      Thanks!

When were you stationed in Sicily? I was stationed in Naples from 2015-2018. I bought the GTV there and brought it back to the states.
      I was based out of there for three different 6 month deployments. I was there in '96, 2012, and again in 2014. I retired out of Sig in '14. I was a P-3 crewman for 21 years.

The restaurant I was talking about (where I saw the GTV) was a place called Paradise in Motta.
      Brad Bickers
      '67 Camaro, Blueprint 383/ 700r4

Quote Originally Posted by skooli View Post
      I was based out of there for three different 6 month deployments. I was there in '96, 2012, and again in 2014. I retired out of Sig in '14. I was a P-3 crewman for 21 years.

The restaurant I was talking about (where I saw the GTV) was a place called Paradise in Motta.
      I never did get down to Sigonella while we were in Italy. BTW - thanks for your service. I'm retiring in August; will have 28+ years in the Army.

I'm at 31 videos and 2,200 subscribers and income has picked up, but not by much. Looking like about $60/month these days.

Once I'm back home in San Antonio, there will be a lot more opportunities for content -- I have about half a dozen project cars from 1966-1971.

All Camaro/Firebird, but have event coverage of events in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area and product videos showing installation and products in action. Videos cover 1967-2002 Camaros & Firebirds.
      https://www.youtube.com/@screamingchickentx

Quote Originally Posted by screamingchickentx View Post
      All Camaro/Firebird, but have event coverage of events in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area and product videos showing installation and products in action. Videos cover 1967-2002 Camaros & Firebirds.
      https://www.youtube.com/@screamingchickentx
      I'll check it out! Thanks for the link.

Well, the build is as done as it's going to get. Project Brutus is currently on eBay with No Reserve. Explanation here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWl0XclMQXo&t=5s

Things are moving slowly even with 21 videos and 1544 subscribers. Views are decreasing as well as the rate of new subscriptions, etc. Even though I continue to publish content and experience growth whenever I publish a new video, I believe that people simply don't work on their cars as much in the winter. My prediction is that I'll experience growth in the coming weeks when football and hunting seasons expire, the weather heats up, and people start thinking about fixing things once more.

It appears that I am making around $60 per month, but I have yet to receive my first paycheck because won't send you money if you make less than $100 per month and I only made 58 Doller ($) in my first month of being monetized.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkr...celShkUhkpspVQ

Content is mostly shop updates on all the projects we're building.
      Jeff Schwartz 815-770-0751
      SchwartzPerformance
      Where classic style meets modern performance.
      455 Commanche Circle
      Harvard IL 60033
      SchwartzPerformance.com | Facebook | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by jeff s View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkr...celShkUhkpspVQ

Content is mostly shop updates on all the projects we're building.
      Subscribed!

Well, it's been two months since I've posted a video (I just moved from Virginia back home to Texas) and somehow the channel has gained a bit of momentum. Maybe it's because more folks are turning wrenches this time of year? Anyway, I'm up to 2,570 subscribers, and a whopping $50.42 per month in revenue!

I have a bunch more content planned, but first I need to get the garage unpacked and organized. After that, I think we'll go with the 68 GTO convertible with the built 455 and the '69 Bronco barn find project.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com