Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Anyone Else With Vintage Car Related YouTube Channel?

I started a YouTube channel a few years ago and finally started posting some vintage car and truck content. At this point, I only have video of Project Brutus - '87 F350 dually field find rescue - but I'll have some Chevy content in the not too distant future. My channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgr...dti0bH4tTb2p9Q

Any other YouTubers? Anyone have any tips on content, increasing subscriptions, etc? I have a real job (active duty Army), but I'm trying to grow my channel as my career winds down.

Thanks

Scott

Name:  66266133337__40715E02-A15A-4266-B724-3BBA1538AE3E.jpg
Views: 1296
Size:  971.7 KB

Check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck rescues and rebuilds! THE BULLETPROOF GARAGE!!! - YouTube

As a user of Youtube my one request is Please Please Please don't start every video with "hey what's up guys" as soon as i hear that I just assume the next 10 min will be some dude jawjacking in front of his garage while providing no valuable info or entertainment.
      Zach

1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Zachalanche View Post
      As a user of Youtube my one request is Please Please Please don't start every video with "hey what's up guys" as soon as i hear that I just assume the next 10 min will be some dude jawjacking in front of his garage while providing no valuable info or entertainment.
      thanks, Zach. I try to keep the jawjacking to a minimum and on point.
      Check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck rescues and rebuilds! THE BULLETPROOF GARAGE!!! - YouTube

I've been enjoying your show since I found this thread . I'm mostly a lurker here and haven't posted up since around 2008 . I used to be a 3rd gen Fbody guy but have moved on to C4 vettes and 4x4 Chevys. And thanks for not starting each show with "Whats up You Tube or Bulletproofers or ...."
      Dan

92 Vette LT1 ZF 6 speed
      94 ' Burb on 35s
      87 350 S10 5speed
      2012 Acura V6 TL Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by hoosiergta View Post
      I've been enjoying your show since I found this thread . I'm mostly a lurker here and haven't posted up since around 2008 . I used to be a 3rd gen Fbody guy but have moved on to C4 vettes and 4x4 Chevys. And thanks for not starting each show with "Whats up You Tube or Bulletproofers or ...."
      Hi Dan -

Thanks for the kind remarks and I'm glad you like the videos that I have posted.

Sounds like we have somewhat similar tastes -- I've never had a 3d Gen F-body, but have had several of first-gen F-bodies (Shivverlay and Poncho). I'm hoping to buy a really neat '67 that I've had my eye on for almost a year; if I end up with it, you'll see it on my channel. Same with Corvettes -- I've never had a C4, but I've had a few C2's (big and small block); would like another one at some point. And I've had at least half a dozen 4x4 Chevy/GMC SUV's - mostly 3/4 ton 4x4 big block Suburbans form 1987-2001.

I should also have my sole vintage Italian car on the channel soon - 72 GTV track day car with a hopped up twin spark engine, cage, Recaro's, etc.

Name:  63184600831__835F7364-3F24-4936-87F2-F8E9F946D76C.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  330.7 KB

Best,

Scott

Love the GTV , I love little rear drive sedans about that size . I never had anything that cool but after my dad passed away ( 26 yrs ago ) my mom bought a car without letting me watch out for her . She wanted a 4 cylinder car for gas mileage and front wheel drive for getting around better in inclement weather. ( I'm still not convinced they are )Anyway she bout a 89 Toyota Cressida , which was neither. It had a twin overhead cam straight 6 with a fully independent suspension. Car was a blast with it's 3.90ish rear . Anyway , I've been watching a show called Built by Jeff and he's doing a Alfa 105 with a ferrari V12 . I'm not real up alfa cars but the bodies look close to the same . Are they ? My 4x4 is a 10 mpg gas sucking suburban with a 8 inch BDS lift and 35 Micky Baja MTZs . Looking forward to more stuff . Really liked all the steps you took bringing the 302 back to life . I've sat a 350 in my S10 that hasn't started in 21 years .Which most would say is nuts but I had it rebuilt 4 or 5 years before for a previous S10 . ( This is my 4th ) I thought it might be on a skid for about 2 years so every once in awhile I squirterd oil down the spark plug holes and turn the crank . I better do the drill to the oil pump in case it's lost its prime .
      Dan

92 Vette LT1 ZF 6 speed
      94 ' Burb on 35s
      87 350 S10 5speed

Love the GTV , I love little rear drive sedans about that size . I never had anything that cool but after my dad passed away ( 26 yrs ago ) my mom bought a car without letting me watch out for her . She wanted a 4 cylinder car for gas mileage and front wheel drive for getting around better in inclement weather. ( I'm still not convinced they are )Anyway she bout a 89 Toyota Cressida , which was neither. It had a twin overhead cam straight 6 with a fully independent suspension. Car was a blast with it's 3.90ish rear . Anyway , I've been watching a show called Built by Jeff and he's doing a Alfa 105 with a ferrari V12 . I'm not real up alfa cars but the bodies look close to the same . Are they ? My 4x4 is a 10 mpg gas sucking suburban with a 8 inch BDS lift and 35 Micky Baja MTZs . Looking forward to more stuff . Really liked all the steps you took bringing the 302 back to life . I've sat a 350 in my S10 that hasn't started in 21 years .Which most would say is nuts but I had it rebuilt 4 or 5 years before for a previous S10 . ( This is my 4th ) I thought it might be on a skid for about 2 years so every once in awhile I squirterd oil down the spark plug holes and turn the crank . I better do the drill to the oil pump in case it's lost its prime .

My dad bought a Cressida new in about 1985. It was a 5 speed; vast majority came with an auto. It was a heavy car but fairly quick for what it was.

Jeff is building the same car - Alfa 105. He picked a hell of a large engine to stuff in it.

I'd prime the oil pump on the 350 and keep the cylinders oiled. Helps to back off the rocker arms and tape the intake and exhaust closed, too.

Here's the link to the 302 video in case anyone else is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS2xYHcoPtM&t=12s

Yeah , had them taped off till about 3 years ago . Thats when I sat it in . Then life got in the way .
      Dan

92 Vette LT1 ZF 6 speed
      94 ' Burb on 35s
      87 350 S10 5speed

Yeah , had them taped off till about 3 years ago . Thats when I sat it in . Then life got in the way .

I hear you. I have a few long-term project cars that have been a work in progress for 10 years or more, including my '71 Javelin track day car project - built 401 with aluminum heads, t-10 4 sp, built 9", cage, etc.

Name:  Parts 015.jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  265.6 KB

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Did you have a build thread on the Alfa a while back? I seem to remember a build thread from a serviceman serving in Europe building one of these, and your screen name is familiar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletpruf View Post
      Hi Dan -

Thanks for the kind remarks and I'm glad you like the videos that I have posted.

Sounds like we have somewhat similar tastes -- I've never had a 3d Gen F-body, but have had several of first-gen F-bodies (Shivverlay and Poncho). I'm hoping to buy a really neat '67 that I've had my eye on for almost a year; if I end up with it, you'll see it on my channel. Same with Corvettes -- I've never had a C4, but I've had a few C2's (big and small block); would like another one at some point. And I've had at least half a dozen 4x4 Chevy/GMC SUV's - mostly 3/4 ton 4x4 big block Suburbans form 1987-2001.

I should also have my sole vintage Italian car on the channel soon - 72 GTV track day car with a hopped up twin spark engine, cage, Recaro's, etc.

Name:  63184600831__835F7364-3F24-4936-87F2-F8E9F946D76C.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  330.7 KB

Best,

Scott
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

YouTube channel is progressing. I'm at 745 subscribers now, which will put me at 1,000 subs by 1 Jan 23 or so. I should have the required 4,000 watch hours by then.

Filming and editing videos can be a time suck, but it also keeps me on task. Before I started my channel, this is about when I would push the current project off to the side and go buy something else. That's why I have 6 project cars and two that are about 90% done, but nothing is roadworthy... Anyway, I'd prefer that my viewers don't think that I'm some douchebag who can't finish a project, so I'm just chugging along.

I'm still doing everything 100% solo, but I'm getting better at thumbnails, editing videos, and figuring out what folks want. Having said that, I'm still surprised at which videos of mine get a lot of views and which ones fall flat. Live and learn, I guess.

900 subs now, and I seem to have gained momentum -- getting a lot more views and subs daily, especially since Thanksgiving. Not sure why; maybe just the result of having 16 videos up, some of which seem to be popular?

Ok, the momentum kept up and I was monetized about a week ago. Based on what I'm seeing, I'm guessing I'll make about $60 this month. Not enough to go very far, but channel continues to grow.

That GTV is gorgeous. I've been in love with them since I was stationed in Sicily. We came out of a restaurant one evening, and I heard some beautiful noise coming from a garage down the hill. When we walked down to check it out, a couple of local gents were tuning a GTV, and I can remember the sound like it was yesterday.
      Brad Bickers
      '67 Camaro, Blueprint 383/ 700r4

Quote Originally Posted by skooli View Post
      That GTV is gorgeous. I've been in love with them since I was stationed in Sicily. We came out of a restaurant one evening, and I heard some beautiful noise coming from a garage down the hill. When we walked down to check it out, a couple of local gents were tuning a GTV, and I can remember the sound like it was yesterday.
      Thanks!

When were you stationed in Sicily? I was stationed in Naples from 2015-2018. I bought the GTV there and brought it back to the states.

Hi Bulletpruf,

What editing software and cameras are you using?
      I'm starting to look into creating a new channel in 2023.
      My brother and I have been in the restoration business a little over 20 years, and several people have asked if we had a channel. This year, I'm going to take the plunge.

Thanks,
      Dan
      2,500th member!

Hi Dan - I use Final Cut Pro editing software and a Canon M50 camera. Did a fair amount of research on both before I purchased. You’ll also need microphones (I use inexpensive hard-wired mics), tripods (inexpensive at Amazon), and some supplemental lighting.

Pm or post here if you have any further questions.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletpruf View Post
      Hi Dan - I use Final Cut Pro editing software and a Canon M50 camera. Did a fair amount of research on both before I purchased. You’ll also need microphones (I use inexpensive hard-wired mics), tripods (inexpensive at Amazon), and some supplemental lighting.

Pm or post here if you have any further questions.

Scott
      Thank you, Scott!
      I will check out the software.

Dan
      2,500th member!

Up to 1250 subscribers and growing steadily - about 150 per month. Still waiting for my first YouTube payday.

Have 19 videos up and hope to get another one done this week.

Happy New Year,

Scott

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com