Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Power Seat Wiring Help

For those of you who have added power seats to your 1st gen Camaro or Firebird, can you give me any tips on running wires and stuff across the hump if you used the 1st Gen console? I'm using re-done 2000 Trans Am seats which have full power for the drivers side plus power lumbar for drivers side and passenger side. So I need to run power and ground to the DS harness which also has a a dual hose air line as the lumbar function is pneumatic. Getting 12v power and a good ground to the DS seat area is pretty straightforward. The Trans Am harness has both power and pneumatic connectors that have to go over to the passenger seat which has the mini compressor that serves both seats. Wondering how you might've snaked the wire under the seat rails maybe thru a hole in the carpet or did you just use the overlap are to go in and out. Hope I'm explaining this well enough. Pix of your wiring setup would help.

'69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

Country Flag: United States
      Im not so sure on the routing of the hoses and wiring but i recently picked up a set of electric trans am seats and am curious if there is a wiring harness that connects the driver to the passenger seat or do you have to run power and ground to driver seat then run power and ground to the passenger seat? I currently have bmw seats with power and ground ran to the driver seat, then it runs from the driver to the passenger seat. However, the connector for the trans am seats make me think that there may be a wiring harness that runs between the D & P seat. I do not have one but would like to see if you can confirm if i should have one.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com