Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Trutrac axle spacer

Fellas need some help with a new trutrac diff. I was finishing a rear ended rebuild and the axle spacer was a bit tight. So I had the great idea to tap it into place. My question is is there any side effects to having the axle spacer to tight against the axle shaft. Other then the obvious I can’t pull it out. Thanks.

eaton Trutrac diff
      chevy 10 bolt 8.5
      new moser axle shafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan1021 View Post
      Fellas need some help with a new trutrac diff. I was finishing a rear ended rebuild and the axle spacer was a bit tight. So I had the great idea to tap it into place. My question is is there any side effects to having the axle spacer to tight against the axle shaft. Other then the obvious I can’t pull it out. Thanks.

eaton Trutrac diff
      chevy 10 bolt 8.5
      new moser axle shafts.

Thabk for all of you who took the time to read the post.

UPDATE-
      I had to go to the extreme and weld a bolt to the spacer. Got it pulled and and cleaned up the diff.

I recently put a tru-trac in my chevelle 12 bolt, you can try buying different thickness C-clips to loosen up that clearance (if theres different ones available), or do what I did. I spent about 45 minutes with some 320 grit sandpaper stuck to a piece of glass and moved the c-clips around in a figure 8 on the paper to shave them down enough for the spacer to actually go in. All said and done the spacer was snug but I didn't have to tap it in at all.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com