Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Lokar ESS question

I’ve got a brand new Lokar electronic sport shifter. Due to my own lack of research I found out now that the shifter has to work with an aftermarket tcm. Has anyone used this with a terminator x-max? I’m running a stout 4L60e in my 66 Buick using a Chevelle console and I like the way it’s coming together……..except now my shifter might not work. Name:  2C6FDA43-3403-4607-9123-CF3A615F1EBF.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  309.5 KBName:  5D58FA99-3D0E-43F2-B3F9-BCA943DA8D3B.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  275.2 KB

70 Camaro 383/700r4 no place to hide
      1966 Buick Special cheaper than a Chevelle but just as fun!
      2019 ZL1/1LE track day missile

I got it figured out. While “technically” not designed to work like a standard shifter there IS a limiting block that prevents full travel of the shifter like a regular shifter would do. I lessened up the block and moved it. Wallah, now the shifter does everything I need other than not having a backup light switch. Yep, they SELL a switch that works off if the transmission shift lever. Great way to sell more parts!

Quote Originally Posted by Bygblok View Post
      I got it figured out. While “technically” not designed to work like a standard shifter there IS a limiting block that prevents full travel of the shifter like a regular shifter would do. I lessened up the block and moved it. Wallah, now the shifter does everything I need other than not having a backup light switch. Yep, they SELL a switch that works off if the transmission shift lever. Great way to sell more parts!
      It will work with the Terminator X Max. You just need to enable manual shift mode and wire the appropriate inputs and outputs. If I can be of service with the Holley tuning, please don't hesitate to email me: projectgattago at gmail dot com

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      It will work with the Terminator X Max. You just need to enable manual shift mode and wire the appropriate inputs and outputs. If I can be of service with the Holley tuning, please don't hesitate to email me: projectgattago at gmail dot com

Andrew
      Thanks Andrew. I’ll look at it some more once I get it in the car. To be honest the manual gate may not work in my console anyway since you have to slide the shifter over in to the manual shift mode. Right now I’ve got it set up to shift like any other shifter if I can adjust it correctly. The look in my console is exactly what I wanted so now if I can get the function good I’m golden!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com