Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Billet Specialties Wheels

Hello everyone. I would like to get some opinions on some Billet Specialties wheels for my 69 Firebird. I will post a picture of the wheels I am thinking about and would like some feedback. Thanks. You can see pics of ones I am thinking about, I have the steering wheel already to match. And see what is on my car now. Name:  Screenshot_20220617-213438_Chrome.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  153.2 KBName:  20220519_114131.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  303.5 KB

IMHO they look kind of 90's mini truck. BS makes nice stuff. I guess I'd have to see them on the car. If you like them that's the main thing. Not everyone likes my wheels but I do.
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Tighten it till it strips & back it off a quarter turn.

Thanks

Well that is kinda what the shop doing my car said. Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwhite00 View Post
      IMHO they look kind of 90's mini truck. BS makes nice stuff. I guess I'd have to see them on the car. If you like them that's the main thing. Not everyone likes my wheels but I do.
      I agree... it seems like it would be putting a "date tag" on the car saying built in the 90's. Many newer designs out there to choose from. Also agree if you like them that all that matters no one else is paying for your rims

BB

They look like 90s centerlines.

If you like them, buy them.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Centerline

The ones on my car are Centerlines. The ones I was thinking of getting are Billet Industries. These Billet Industries ones are $850 each. Hard to think they would be on a Small 90's Truck. Wish there was a way to photo shop them and see what would look like on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by jtkkwag1 View Post
      The ones on my car are Centerlines. The ones I was thinking of getting are Billet Industries. These Billet Industries ones are $850 each. Hard to think they would be on a Small 90's Truck. Wish there was a way to photo shop them and see what would look like on my car.
      Your money, spend it how you like, but if you want honest opinions I think you got them. Those wheels speak 90's. If you don't believe anyone here, just take this from the description on Billet Specialties website

"The GTP53 is perfect for the ever-growing OBS truck trend and 90’s styling. Currently available in 17” conventional lip Rim and widths from 7 to 11”. The GTP Series features 7/8” caliper clearance and each set is supplied with a wrench for cap removal "

Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Everyone has stated the obvious, unfortunately those wheels scream scalloped/ripped paint, white nikes, WWF, Hulk Hogan, roll pans with ZR1 taillights, teal accents, tweed interior, etc. That style used to be on some silverado in every parking lot/car show in the US.

When you look at wheels you also have to think about cleaning / polishing. Those spear type rims are a royal PIA to do anything with, they'll grab cleaning rags, destroy buffer cone/wheels.

What look are you going for with the firebird?

Name:  31704939-1988-chevrolet-c1500-thumb.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  56.1 KB
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

For sure Minitruck style.

Joshua O

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. And it does matter what others think also. Because it does hurt to have 90's rims at a car show.

Messages heard

Ok. So I agree with all feedback about the 90's look. So those are out. I believe I have found a Billet Specialties I like alot. And more up to date. Dont mean to bother everyone with this, but what others think does help. Wheels definitely are one of the most important thing on a Pro Touring car. If you would like, give some feedback on these, would be appreciated. Name:  Screenshot_20220708-192701_Chrome.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  202.2 KBI will go with 17 inch I believe instead of 15. I think they look better than the ones I first posted in this discussion and they are actually $400 cheaper per wheel . WOW. Big difference in price. But that is not why I like them better.

Those aren't bad. Might look into tire offerings for 17 & 18 before you pull the trigger. I have 17s due to budget and tire sizes are starting to become limited as everyone's moved to larger sizes.

I started out running a 255/40/17, it looks ok but the diameter is 25" which is stupid small causing me issues with driveshaft speed. I need to probably run 50 series but unsure how it'll look.

This is my car, 2002 Camaro SS wheels, 17x9.
      https://flic.kr/p/2kDuJc9
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Nice

I like those rims you have. Looks good on your car. You know what else I still like, but out of style, is the good ol Centerline Rims. Anyone rememberthese? Name:  Screenshot_20220709-080046_Chrome.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  142.8 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com