Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Fuel pressure sensor question

I making my fuel lines this weekend, and have a question.

I installed the fuel pressure sensor for the vaporworx system near the fuel tank. I'm using Fast EZ-EFI 2.0, which of course, also requires information from a fuel pressure sensor. My question is whether I can tap into the Vaporworx sensor with the Fast harness, or do I need to use the sensor that came with the Fast kit? If the latter, wondering if the location of the Fast sensor matters (i.e., do I need to locate the Fast sensor close to the Vaporworx sensor, or can I install it towards the front of the car?).

Carl is the expert but I would not assume the two senders have the same curve. So use both. As far as where the second one should go I would think closer to the engine would be ok for the Fast but maybe double check with the Fast installation manual. Or maybe Carl will chime in.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Want a job Don? ;-)

Since we don't know if the ramp rate of the sensors is the same it's best to use both.

The vaporworx sensor should be installed near the outlet of the fuel module to help reduce the chances of picking up pressure pulses from the fuel injectors/mechanical pump. The pulses can cause an unstable idle/light cruise fuel pressure instability. GM typically puts the sensor near the same location as well for the same purpose.

The ECM sensor, unless otherwise specified, can go near or on the engine fuel rail.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com