Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

GM steeering column identification?

Hello! Can anyone out there tell me where I Might? find the year of my GM tilt steering column? Mine has the plug cut of and there is just a bunch of wires hanging down. One set of nine bigger wires and one band of really small (maybe 18 or 20 gauge?) wires. Maybe 10 to 12 of them? I'm not out in the shop right now. I will post a few pictures of the column and wiring if I can figure it out and yes, I see the insert explanation above but I'm an old fart and not very sharp with these computers. A tag on the column says F H Z and then a bunch of small numbers after it? I am trying to put a Haywire wiring harness in it and I would like to find the wire that gives the steering column power so I MIGHT be able to trace out the other wires? I've been having a heck of a time with it. I just finished installing a vintage aire heat and cooling system in it and I Think I have the wiring to that right. My rig is pretty rough yet but it's part of the family for the last 30+ years now. Ok, Thanks for reading this. Warren

Country Flag: Canada
      Ask Jim at gm tilt ... im sure he caN help you

Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com