Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Adding Anti-Dive

On my 96 GM B-body (front suspension very similar to 2nd gen F-body), I'm installing new upper control arms that have Delrin bushings, added caster, tall ball joints and offset cross shafts. I'll also be replacing the mounting studs with modified ARP wheel studs that have a larger diameter knurl. This requires me to drill out the old mounting holes to accommodate the new studs.

That means I have the opportunity to move those mounting holes up or down a bit. If I move the front holes up and the rear holes down as much as the diameter of the knurl allows, that's a total of almost 3/8" difference, or about 2.75 degrees of added inclination over stock.

Would that make a noticeable difference in anti-dive? I'm not looking for flat braking here, just a bit less dive on hard braking. I still want plenty of front suspension articulation while braking. I don't have any of the suspension measurements available so I can't use a suspension geometry calculator to figure it out, but I'm hoping there's enough F-body gurus out there to give me some guidance.
      --
      1977 Trans Am SE W72 4-speed
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser turbo V6
      1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate
      1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com