Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Hydraulic clutch pedal adjustment

So quick question: Is there supposed to be some free play in the clutch pedal? Setup is a T56 Magnum with a stock GM F-body slave cylinder, LS7 clutch/flywheel, and McLeod master setup. When pushing the clutch pedal down, I have maybe a half inch of pedal travel before I feel real pressure; almost like the free play you have in a mechanical clutch linkage.

I’m guessing I shouldn’t lengthen the pedal rod to eliminate this free play, but just wanted to check. McLeod says to not “pre-load” the master in the instructions, so I’m guessing this is what they’re referring to. Thanks
      Andy

1967 Camaro RS
      Magnacharged LS1/T56
      543 rwhp, 516 rwtq
      Sold

1968 Firebird
      LS427/570 and T56 Magnum

I didn't have a choice but to pre load mine. But I didn't use a McCloud set up either. I used a kit from Red Roberts which I highly suggest everyone avoid using. His shifters are awesome but his kit for 1st Gen sucks.

Yes I have the McLeod setup on my 69 Camaro. Do not preload the master. It will start to leak. Ask me how I know lol. There should be about 1/4” or 1/8” of peddle travel before master is activated.

Okay, thanks. Guess I’ll give it a try as it is. I haven’t driven it yet, but the clutch seems to release just fine. I need to get my exhaust finished before I play around with it any more. I don’t think my neighbors appreciate an LS7 with open headers as much as I do!

Andy

1967 Camaro RS
      Magnacharged LS1/T56
      543 rwhp, 516 rwtq
      Sold

1968 Firebird
      LS427/570 and T56 Magnum

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com