Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Holley Terminator X or MPFI for 489 BB

So I am going to be ordering parts now for a winter install. Will have professionally done as i don’t really have the know how or time.

I have settled on Holley products and looking between two mentioned.

It’s putting out dyno’d 383 to rear wheels. Going to add a set of Brodix or AFR heads.

I have been looking at a torque storm SC but not sure of quality but may or may not add a power adder.

Pretty sure keep naturally aspirated, no more than 600ish HP but who knows.

I know the terminator will work but if is the MPFI better?

Performance?

Reliability (most important)?

Can Terminator ECU be upgraded to MPFI down road?

Again most likely NA with 600 HP will be most likely…. At least for next 5 years…

Did a lot of digging but most info I could find on here and the interwebs were 5-25 years old. Would like some current info

Thanks in advanced,

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by FORDvsCHEVY View Post
      So I am going to be ordering parts now for a winter install. Will have professionally done as i don’t really have the know how or time.

I have settled on Holley products and looking between two mentioned.

It’s putting out dyno’d 383 to rear wheels. Going to add a set of Brodix or AFR heads.

I have been looking at a torque storm SC but not sure of quality but may or may not add a power adder.

Pretty sure keep naturally aspirated, no more than 600ish HP but who knows.

I know the terminator will work but if is the MPFI better?

Performance?

Reliability (most important)?

Can Terminator ECU be upgraded to MPFI down road?

Again most likely NA with 600 HP will be most likely…. At least for next 5 years…

Did a lot of digging but most info I could find on here and the interwebs were 5-25 years old. Would like some current info

Thanks in advanced,
      A multiport system is always better then throttle body injection. That said, I tune many throttle body injection systems.

There is no such thing as a "Terminator" ECU. There are Terminator kits in all variety, and they use the HP or Dominator ECUs. There are also many varieties of Terminator X ECU kits.

The hardware that is required to do a proper multi-port system is fairly substantial. You will ned an intake manifold with injector bungs, injectors, fuel rails, and a throttle body. You will also need a way to get both a crank and cam signal. There are various ways of doing that, with a dual synch distributor being the simplest way.

All of the current Holley ECUs, be it the HP, Dominator, Terminator X or Terminator X Max can do both throttle body injection as well as fully sequential multi-port injection.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      A multiport system is always better then throttle body injection. That said, I tune many throttle body injection systems.

There is no such thing as a "Terminator" ECU. There are Terminator kits in all variety, and they use the HP or Dominator ECUs. There are also many varieties of Terminator X ECU kits.

The hardware that is required to do a proper multi-port system is fairly substantial. You will ned an intake manifold with injector bungs, injectors, fuel rails, and a throttle body. You will also need a way to get both a crank and cam signal. There are various ways of doing that, with a dual synch distributor being the simplest way.

All of the current Holley ECUs, be it the HP, Dominator, Terminator X or Terminator X Max can do both throttle body injection as well as fully sequential multi-port injection.

Andrew
      Thanks. Helps a lot. Will dig into multi port to see if it’s feasible

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post

Andrew
      Also do you know of anyone who makes a ram air intake for MPFI for a BBC chevy?

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by FORDvsCHEVY View Post
      Also do you know of anyone who makes a ram air intake for MPFI for a BBC chevy?
      Edelbrock has a nice big block manifold.

1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com