Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

SOLD: Tilton brake and throttle pedals, master cylinders, and reservoir

SOLD 5/26

Changing directions on my car and have some more parts available.

I was originally going to modify the firewall and switch to manual brakes with a balance bar when I was going with the turbos for extra downpipe and wastegate clearance, but now that I'm switching to a 3.0 Whipple there's a lot more room under the hood for a more typical brake booster and master cylinder setup. I've decided to stick with a stock style tandem master cylinder and a C6 vacuum booster and probably also retrofit a Teves MK60 ABS setup, and the Tilton 76 master cylinders are not recommended for use with ABS.

I have the following available, all new in box, only removed for inspection and pictures:

Tilton 72-607 600 series firewall mount pedals. Includes an extra wide pedal pad for the clutch pedal and also a spare small pedal pad that I was going to put on the factory E-brake pedal so it matched the Tilton pedals.

3x Tilton 76 series master cylinders: 1x 0.700" & 1x 0.750" diameter for brakes and 1x 0.8125" diameter for clutch. I sized the brake masters to require 75# pedal effort for a max-effort stop when paired with 5.40" piston area Wilwood Aero 6 and 3.0" piston area FNSL4R calipers, but they would also be a good match for ZL1/CTS-V 6/4 piston Brembos.

Tilton 72-615 600 series throttle pedal along with Tilton 72-791 cable throttle linkage kit. The throttle pedal bolts to the brake pedal bracket and makes a nice integrated unit.

Tilton 3-chamber external reservoir with AN fittings. Note: I did not like that the Tilton reservoir has fully vented caps since brake fluid is hygroscopic—probably OK on a race car that gets the fluid flushed and bled frequently, but not the best idea on a street car IMO that might go a couple years between brake fluid flushes. I did some digging and purchased bellows style rubber master cylinder cap seals from both AP Racing and Howe to test. Turns out the Howe sealed bellows fit and work great with the Tilton reservoir caps and make it a more street friendly sealed reservoir so the brake fluid won't be constantly exposed to the air and absorb moisture through the vent hole in the cap.

All this would be $1300+ new... Asking $1000 shipped and insured. I'm near Lodi, CA if you wanted to pick it up or I'll deliver or meet you half way within reason.

Name:  tilton.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  1.15 MB

1969 Chevelle
      Old setup: Procharged/intercooled/EFI 353 SBC, TKO, ATS/SPC/Global West suspension, C6 brakes & hydroboost.
      In progress: LS2, 3.0 Whipple, T56 Magnum, torque arm & watts link, Wilwood Aero6/4 brakes, Mk60 ABS, vaporworx, floater 9" rear, etc.

Would you sell just the 3 master cylinders?

Quote Originally Posted by 69lsxamx View Post
      Would you sell just the 3 master cylinders?
      At this point I'd prefer not to split it up, but if things don't sell in the next few days I'll consider it and get back with you. Thanks!
      1969 Chevelle
      Old setup: Procharged/intercooled/EFI 353 SBC, TKO, ATS/SPC/Global West suspension, C6 brakes & hydroboost.
      In progress: LS2, 3.0 Whipple, T56 Magnum, torque arm & watts link, Wilwood Aero6/4 brakes, Mk60 ABS, vaporworx, floater 9" rear, etc.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com