Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Hyd clutch questions

Kind of broad ranging question, doing the T56 swap and Hyd clutch on my BB 68. I've seen some posts on here and other forums that talk about when the clutch release/engages, pedal travel and over travel and the need for a travel stop on the clutch pedal. What's the truth and solutions? Is a pedal stop needed? is the release/engage point an issue? what don't I know that I should? Am I overthinking this?
      Thanks

Country Flag: United States
      One way to find out for sure, get dirty and see what the results are. ;) I made my own mount, used a tilton 75 series master, stock style slave, no stop. I bottom the clutch pedal out every time I drive it, have over 25k miles on the setup and haven't had any issues. I run store brand dot 3 and run it till it starts to get color, then flush it out.
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Need a stop on the pedal only if your bottoming out the master. If your not then don’t need a stop.

I used the Silver Sport Transmissions hydraulic system. For that system, no stop is required to prevent over travel. You just have to measure and shim for proper throw-out clearance. I liked this system because the billet mount seals against the firewall.

There are some good photos in this article:
      https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/si...-installation/
      Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

I used the tilton 6000 series throw out bearing and my complete kit came from bowler transmission but I used the speed tech brand bracket to mount the clutch master. It did not fit my firewall very well so I had to cut and modify it to get the hole lined up for The grommet as well as get the geometry right but it does bottom out so I will have to put a pedal stop on the floor although I have not drove it yet. Also using a two-stage ls9 collection is very stiff I don't know if this is normal it feels about like my dump truck
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

I could never get my hydraulic clutch pedal position correct. Pedal was hard too. I ended up going back to the z-bar setup.

Quote Originally Posted by aaroncorvette View Post
      I could never get my hydraulic clutch pedal position correct. Pedal was hard too. I ended up going back to the z-bar setup.
      I don't think that's an option on a T56

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com