Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

69 Camaro Hyd clutch!!!!

Hi guys

I've got a '69 Camaro with a small block 427, TK0600 and hydraulic clutch

I'm at the end of my tether with the clutch, i've had the gearbox out twice, both times the flywheel is burned up due to slippage. all measurements are in spec for the hydraulic clutch. The pedal engages the clutch too high, instead of starting to engage at around 1/3 of travel, it's starting to engage just after half way travel which means you can't drive the car properly, the pedal is hard all the time and it slips.

In contrast I have a '69 vette with a hot 383, stock clutch, stock z bar and a TK0600 and the pedal feel is beautiful, can be adjusted quickly and engages after approx 1/3 depression of the clutch pedal. I can rip the crap out of that car and drive to easily.

I'll probably change the hydraulic clutch back to a stock clutch setup so I can then use a stock size booster for the brakes (another issue).

Anyway just wondering if anyone is going to convince me to keep on with my hydraulic setup!

I know shims can correct the problem if the clutch engagenment at the pedal is near the floor, mine is the opposite, so that means gearbox needs to be spaced back??

I've messaged SST (Silversport Transmissions ) We'll see what they say?

We've decided to remove the hydraulic clutch go back to the Z bar. this will also help in that we can use an 11" booster and help towards our brake issues. More later.

I've now replaced the hydraulic clutch with the z-bar, big improvement. I've also changed out the 7" booster for an 11", big improvement also. More here as it's linked to the brake problem...

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ood-69-Camaro)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com