Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

My C2 Corvette - Habanero

Hey everyone, I figured I would start a thread for my new (to me) 1963 Corvette build. I named it Habanero, because I love hot sauce, the color totally reminds me of a habanero pepper, and it should be a bit spicy, but not Carolina Reaper spicy ;)

Name:  PXL_20220428_145727918.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  355.8 KB

I bought it in Kansas City, and planned to drive it home, alas I ran into some issues, and ended up having to throw it on a uhaul trailer after about 700miles. Everyone said I was crazy, but I wanted to give it a try.

My goal is to make it handle pretty good, have a decent amount of power, but still be very drivable.

Part of the deal to buy this car, was to sell my 1959 GMC pickup. I had done a lot of work on it, mostly geared towards pro-touring, but more importantly I had a lot of good parts that I had purchased for it, but didn't sell with it, which can now go on my C2. So I have pretty much everything to build a 434ci SBC with really nice AFR heads, Wiseco pistons, Scat rods, Manley forged crank and a Dart SHP block. I have a full EFI setup for it, the Edelbrock EFI intake, FAST injectors, Holley throttle body, and a FAST ECU. It will be around 11.25:1, which is a bit high, but I do have E85 available at the station down the street.

I will likely stay with a manual, even though I live in LA and sit in traffic a lot. Silver State Transmissions makes a pretty good kit to stuff a T56 under it.

For the suspension, I am going to go with the ridetech Tru-turn setup on the front, with either the ridetech TQ shocks or the QA1 Mod series (I had those on my truck, they are very nice). In the back, I will again go with RideTech, though the SharkBite setup looks bad ass, the mid range kit has C7 hubs. I don't think it makes sense to go with the Track-1, as I don't plan on hacking the tub out to fit massive tires out back.

I will be running Wilwood brakes, since they are about 15min from my house, the Superlight 6R's on the front and Superlight 4R's on the back.

While I don't like the Autometer replacement dash, I do plan on running Autometer gauges. I will probably build my own dash panel, but we will see.

Lastly I love the Budnik Chicane rims, so I will probably go with those at some point.

This thing is beautiful and I'll bet will drive as good as it looks.
      Cars are meant to be driven.

John B

Amazing. Good luck and safe driving! What is the colour? It is great on the C2

it will be fun, when i worked at ridetech the C2/C3 were my favorite projects

They told me it was from a Lamborghini Aventador. I have googled the colors, but haven't found the exact match (imho). It is gorgeous, which stresses me out. Thankfully it already has a couple of chips and stuff.

This past weekend I made a bit of progress, I installed seatbelts ;)

I'm late to the party, but that's a beautiful car neighbor!
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Country Flag: Canada
      Wow that is a great color! Sounds like it will be a bad a** build.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com