Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

New Project, New to Pro-Touring

Hello all,
      I just purchased a 1968 Camaro that I will be LS/T56 swapping. I bought it as a rolling chassis, so no old engine to worry about. I will be going to pick it up later this month, it's 1100 miles away from me currently, patiently waiting for me in a family member's garage.

Installed parts when purchased:
      New rear quarter panels
      New 1968 Hood
      New Front and Rear Glass + Trim
      Front Tubular control arms
      Front coilover conversion
      Front and rear disk brake setup
      Complete interior (but no headliner)

Parts I have purchased to put on:
      L96 engine (Iron block 6.0 with LS3 heads)
      - VVT Delete, New Morel 7717 Lifters, Summit Pro LS Stage 2 cam, some springs off my Dart heads, Melling M295 oil pump, LS3 intake to replace the ugly truck one
      Holley Swap components (Engine mounts, clamshells, trans crossmember, 302-2 oil pan, etc etc)
      T56 Trans (donated from my 1999 Camaro)
      McLeod Hydraulic clutch pedal/master cylinder
      Holley Terminator X Max system
      Tanks Inc. Fuel tank (255lph kit), C5 Corvette Filter/Regulator, -6an fuel lines

This will be my first older car that I will be building for street driving, so I've joined this forum for the parts classifieds and information on older F-Bodies.

Name:  imagejpeg_0(10).jpg
Views: 171
Size:  210.4 KBName:  imagejpeg_0(11).jpg
Views: 169
Size:  242.7 KBName:  IMG_7834.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  267.1 KB

Other current projects are:
      1963 Nova, -The Drag Car-, 408ci LS, 6-71 blower, Enderle Mechanical Fuel Inject, BTR custom cam, Powerglide, etc etc
      1999 Camaro, 408ci LS, Huron Speed V3 Turbo Kit 78/75, Fast 102, RHS LS3 Heads, BTR custom cam, T56 Magnum F, Tilton ST-246 clutch, etc etc

Engine and Trans are in. I had to fight a bit with the Holley swap brackets. The plates that mount on the crossmember, they forgot to tap them before they shipped them out, had me scratching my head for a bit trying to figure out how they were supposed to work. Then a bracket was missing from the trans crossmember, so I was only able to install it on one side. Holley shipped me a replacement bracket, so I have the hardware now, just wasn't able to install it when I had help with me.Name:  20220427_095947.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  216.7 KBName:  20220429_132051.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  448.1 KB

I was visiting family and they live near a Summit, so I went for the first time to a physical Summit Racing location. Pretty neat place to walk around for a while. Ended up buying a new LS7 clutch and flywheel kit to install before I mated the trans to the engine.

Looks like a fun project! Enjoy

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome, and keep those pictures coming! I too have a '68 Camaro. Mine has a 383 stroker engine, 6 speed, FiTech fuel injection, late model Mustang GT seats to name a few. I'm sure you'll like it here.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Country Flag: United States

Welcome!

Welcome to the site. I look forward to watching your build.
      Rodney
      Rodney Meyers
      72 Olds 442 Rest-mod clone

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com