Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Solid body bushing installation at core support

Hey guys,
      maybe someone here has some insight on this. I had the subframe out of my 68 Firebird, and installed Global West interlocking body mounts when I went back together. We had the core support out, and I just put it back in yesterday. When installing the core support, we installed the male portion of the body mount through the top of the core support, with the female section sitting on the frame. The instructions tell you to do the opposite (male section sitting on frame).

Is there a problem with how I have it? The height of the two bushing pieces looks the same, and they’re still interlocking as they would be if flipped. It’s hard to measure them when installed, so I suppose there could be some height difference, but my core support fit back in pretty well. Thoughts?

Thanks

Andy

1967 Camaro RS
      Magnacharged LS1/T56
      543 rwhp, 516 rwtq
      Sold

1968 Firebird
      LS427/570 and T56 Magnum

I guess I’ll answer my own question in case anyone else runs into this: It doesn’t matter which direction the core support bushings go; at least on a first Gen with the GW bushings. The height of each bushing shell is the same height, and the orientation doesn’t matter. This is per Doug at Global West.
      Andy

1967 Camaro RS
      Magnacharged LS1/T56
      543 rwhp, 516 rwtq
      Sold

1968 Firebird
      LS427/570 and T56 Magnum

Country Flag: United States
      My experience talking with GW on the phone has always been good. Glad they answered your question and you wont have to redo anything!
      Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com