Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

New member from Los Angeles

Hi folks! Name is JF. Currently looking to get into my first PT car. I have two modern cars that I enjoy, but I’m old enough to remember analog cars and I miss that feeling (also neither of them has a V8!).

I’ve been lurking here for months, and now that I’m serious about getting a project going, I figured it was time to jump in and join!

Plan is to get into a running/almost running 69 Camaro and build from there. I don’t know enough about what I like/don’t like yet to start from scratch.

Cheers!
      JF

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the dark side!

Don't forget to start a build thread when you are ready. We would love to see your build.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Thanks, I definitely will!

On actually getting a car to begin, I just noticed the classifieds are off limits to new members with few posts. I *totally* get how that would protect the forum, but it's a little awkward for a noob, it's not like I have a ton to offer in the "normal" forums at the moment. ;) Just a thought.

Cheers,
      JF

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the forum! Check out a few of the cool build threads and reply with kudos - you'll hit the minimum post count quickly. PT has a lot of very knowledgeable members and many examples of 1st gen Camaro builds from mild to wild. You can also look at '68-'74 Nova builds since the suspension is mostly interchangeable. And don't forget the badge-brothers. I see you have a Canada flag - did you move from there to LA?
      Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

Thanks for the tip, I’d been slowly doing that, I’ll get there. So many cool cars/trucks on this site.

That’s right, I moved to LA from Montreal ~7 years ago. Had to leave all my non-smog’able cars behind, but the weather is much nicer!

Cheers!
      JF

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com