Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Difference between Holley Terminator LS and Terminator X LS?

I am trying to figure out what the difference between the Holley EFI Terminator X part number 550-903 and the Holley Terminator LS MPFI kit part number 550-608 are?

About to make poor choices and regrettable decisions

One uses the Terminator X ECU and the other uses the HP EFI ECU. Given the choice, my vote would be the Terminator X ECU and upgrade to the X Max version to give you more options like DBW and Trans control. But a lot depends on your goals. There are some slight differences with the ECU's, but the biggest one I think is the HP can control low impedance injectors which are much cheaper. Terminator X can only control high impedance injectors which are quite a bit more expensive. @andrewb70 could provide more details.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Country Flag: Canada
      550-608 uses the Holley HP ECU Can support high and low impedance injectors, Bosch or NTK WBO2 sensors, dual WBO2 (Dominator only). Outputs can be positive or ground side triggers, internal datalogging, ability to do a System Log. (Stolen from a post of Andrews)

550-903 uses the newer plastic terminator ECU. Some limitations are high impedance injectors only, single Bosch 4.9 wideband O2 sensor, outputs are only ground side triggers, no internal datalogging, no ability to do a System Log.

Chances are the 608 uses a harness that is built in the USA, The terminator harness is typically made in China and comes with bad crimps, wires swapped, etc. Not all but definitely known for the lack of QC.

Both can't do transmission control.
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...uel_injection/

The link above has it laid out pretty well. Scroll down a bit and you will see the differences between all of the ECUs.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...uel_injection/

The link above has it laid out pretty well. Scroll down a bit and you will see the differences between all of the ECUs.

Andrew

Thanks!
      About to make poor choices and regrettable decisions

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com