Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Knock and Crank Position Sensor wire loom wire type

I'm not a fan of the routing of the knock sensor and crank position sensor on the GM wire harness for my LT5 because it's pretty close to the headers. It has foil insulation over the harness but I really need to add some wire to each and to a ground to route it so it's about 3/4 to an inch from the closest header pipe. Or I can route it so it goes up and between the coil packs and valve covers and down the front of the engine and back to the sensors and keep it further away from the headers. Either way I need to get some wire to extend them. So here's my questions:

1. I found a 20 gauge wire pack with different colors 10 feet long that are ok up to 200 F to use for the extensions, is this a good choice? https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01LZ4CG...lig_dp_it&th=1

2. What do you think of the wire routing alternatives? Is 3/4 to 1 inch with insulation over the loom too close or do you think it would be better to go over and back to the sensors to stay further away from the headers? I have the loom apart and these aren't twisted pairs so guessing going under the coil packs wouldn't be an issue.

Name:  PXL_20220419_131837419_2.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  259.9 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com