Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register



    Results 1 to 18 of 18
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      Toronto, Canada
      Posts
      72

      Decided to make my own console.......turned out decent.

      Well you know how it is....... once you tinker in one area it leads to making adjustment in another, so when I added some BMW seats for my 1st gen a few years back I decided that a somewhat functional yet simple console would be in order.
      Here are a few pics of the progress during this winters hibernation while the car slept.
      Name:  thumbnail_IMG_2716.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  101.4 KB
      Basic layout cut from a full 1"cedar.

      Name:  thumbnail_IMG_2743.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  97.4 KB Name:  thumbnail_IMG_2744.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  99.5 KB
      Beveled the edges and added a accent aluminum base to pickup the pedal covers, steering wheel spokes, billet shifter.
      All done in my driveway with a circular saw and my workhorse table.

      So the amateur upholsterer begins.
      Name:  178450912_10169361684942037_5581139539365014597_n.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  282.6 KBName:  177829146_10169361684957037_113175708132516249_n.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  207.8 KB

      Rather than using a poker chip container I found Dodge Ram truck cup holder that worked out after some trimming.
      Name:  thumbnail_IMG_2751.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  72.3 KBName:  thumbnail_IMG_2801.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  64.3 KB

      I can't take all the credit, a console lid was professionally covered from a local shop that also supplied me the leather like material. Incorporated a holder from a cell phone for Fitech handheld controller.
      Name:  thumbnail_IMG_2799.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  75.6 KBName:  thumbnail_IMG_3663.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  69.0 KBName:  thumbnail_IMG_3657.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  81.3 KBName:  thumbnail_IMG_3658.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  101.0 KBName:  thumbnail_IMG_3660.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  89.2 KB

      Tried it in the car today, still have to attach the mechanical gauges for now, later on I'm going to install my Dakota dash inserts.
      Still need to finish things off that the weathers warmer but overall happy with the finished product.
      Name:  thumbnail_IMG_3810.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  82.9 KB


      Name:  thumbnail_IMG_3808.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  98.1 KB

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Oct 2020
      Posts
      15
      Excellent work. Where did you source the glove box hinge and latch, and the square bezel?

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jan 2000
      Location
      Thousand Oaks California
      Posts
      9,891
      Country Flag: United States
      Well done!
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Mountain Springs, Texas
      Posts
      4,072
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice work.
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Jacksonville, FL
      Posts
      1,616
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice! I want to do this to mine to integrate a double DIN radio.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension


    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jul 2019
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      199
      Country Flag: United States

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      Toronto, Canada
      Posts
      72
      Thanks guys, happy with the final product.
      olds70supreme, the glove box hinge & latch came with the lid and I think it was from a 2009 Ford Focus, the latch receiver I made by bending a coat hanger, you can see it in some of the pics. The bezel came from a Jeep.

      Onto the next project later on this summer, gonna attempt to shorten this seat back on this leather BMW rear seat to fit.

      Name:  BMW leather back seat.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  156.6 KB

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      70
      Quote Originally Posted by slazisme View Post
      Well you know how it is....... once you tinker in one area it leads to making adjustment in another, so when I added some BMW seats for my 1st gen a few years back I decided that a somewhat functional yet simple console would be in order.
      Here are a few pics of the progress during this winters hibernation while the car slept.
      Name:  thumbnail_IMG_2716.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  101.4 KB
      Basic layout cut from a full 1"cedar.

      Name:  thumbnail_IMG_2743.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  97.4 KB Name:  thumbnail_IMG_2744.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  99.5 KB
      Beveled the edges and added a accent aluminum base to pickup the pedal covers, steering wheel spokes, billet shifter.
      All done in my driveway with a circular saw and my workhorse table.

      So the amateur upholsterer begins.
      Name:  178450912_10169361684942037_5581139539365014597_n.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  282.6 KBName:  177829146_10169361684957037_113175708132516249_n.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  207.8 KB

      Rather than using a poker chip container I found Dodge Ram truck cup holder that worked out after some trimming.
      Name:  thumbnail_IMG_2751.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  72.3 KBName:  thumbnail_IMG_2801.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  64.3 KB

      I can't take all the credit, a console lid was professionally covered from a local shop that also supplied me the leather like material. Incorporated a holder from a cell phone for Fitech handheld controller.
      Name:  thumbnail_IMG_2799.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  75.6 KBName:  thumbnail_IMG_3663.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  69.0 KBName:  thumbnail_IMG_3657.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  81.3 KBName:  thumbnail_IMG_3658.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  101.0 KBName:  thumbnail_IMG_3660.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  89.2 KB

      Tried it in the car today, still have to attach the mechanical gauges for now, later on I'm going to install my Dakota dash inserts.
      Still need to finish things off that the weathers warmer but overall happy with the finished product.
      Name:  thumbnail_IMG_3810.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  82.9 KB


      Name:  thumbnail_IMG_3808.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  98.1 KB
      Nice work. Very slick looking integrates well with the seats!

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Nashville/ Tampa
      Posts
      718
      Country Flag: United States
      That turned out well
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/


      Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Posts
      360
      Country Flag: United States
      You're inspiring me to maybe generate a console of my own. How wide is the console lid from the Focus?
      See me in Camaro Performers

      DIY Projector Headlights, LED Tail Lights, and more. See my website.

      ULTM8Z Website

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Western Mass
      Posts
      216
      Country Flag: United States
      Simon... That turned out amazing! Very nice work and it does look like it belongs there. Years ago I built one for my '58 Bonneville convertible. Very similar but not as nice as yours. I restored an original (damaged) '69 console, I like it, but if I decide to build one yours is a good model to pattern one after.-Mike
      '69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads


    12. #12
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      Toronto, Canada
      Posts
      72
      Quote Originally Posted by ULTM8Z View Post
      You're inspiring me to maybe generate a console of my own. How wide is the console lid from the Focus?
      At its widest point its 6", had to keep the console narrow between the seats and the Morris seat belt buckles.
      I get some of my inspiration from this and other websites that drives me.
      Just cut out some cardboard templates taped together sizing everything up while sitting in the driver's seat, It may take a few tries to get it where you feel it's right.

      - - - Updated - - -

      Quote Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
      Simon... That turned out amazing! Very nice work and it does look like it belongs there. Years ago I built one for my '58 Bonneville convertible. Very similar but not as nice as yours. I restored an original (damaged) '69 console, I like it, but if I decide to build one yours is a good model to pattern one after.-Mike
      Thanks Mike! How's that interior of yours coming along?

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      Chicago burbs
      Posts
      230
      Country Flag: United States
      title says "looks descent"... lolol, dude that looks awesome!

      1969 442 6.0L LQ9 T56
      Fab9 w/ custom 3 Link conversion
      FAYS2 Watts link
      Thanks to Mark at SC&C for his honesty and passion for the sport, and Ron Sutton for the wealth of knowledge that has helped shape so many of the cars on this site.

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Rockford Il
      Posts
      14
      That is one of cleanest homemade consoles that can remember. I am a few steps away from starting this same project, but yours gives me alot of incentive to start it. Well done!!

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      655
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm impressed, after seeing yours I'm actually considering making my own.
      Really it jives well with you
      R interior.
      Great work
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro build
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Location
      Azle, TX
      Posts
      6
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks great! Like something a professional upholstery shop would make for high dollar.

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      Toronto, Canada
      Posts
      72
      Thanks guys for the kind words.

      Decided to finish off a few things on the console and make life easier with a few add on's.

      Name:  thumbnail_IMG_3948.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  79.7 KB
      Added emblem.

      Name:  thumbnail_IMG_3947.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  72.4 KB
      Attached my handheld to the phone cradle.

      Name:  thumbnail_IMG_3949.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  66.7 KB
      Drilled out the cig. lighter and put in a charging port that's tied into the ignition.

      Also added this inexpensive handsfree bluetooth speaker to make answering the phone a little easier while driving.
      Name:  Hands free bluetooth.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  93.8 KB

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Jul 2022
      Posts
      1

      Centerline 15x8 Telstars

      Hi olds70supreme, im unable to reply to your classified add for the centerline wheels you have listed> please let me know if they are still available? thank you