Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Looking for pics Trunk mounted fuse panel and battery

As the title states, I'm trying to find pics here of anyone that may have a trunk mounted fuse panel.

Please post if you've got one....
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

I used the AAW classic update kit and put fuse panel where the factory one was. I also added a Eaton 5 relay and 10 fuse panel in the center of the trunk floor right behind the rear seat. It's runs fuel pump, stereo, amp, and both heated seat circuits all on relays.
      Look at my build thread back a page or two from the end.
      My trunk finish interior work will hide it in
      Also not installed yet I'm got two aluminum panels bent 14" wide from trunk floor to package tray underside.
      The amp and bluetooth stereo will mount to the seat side of those. Then the sub and the trunk close out panel will mount to the back side of them.
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Littelfuse Power Distribution Modules

Check out the Littelfuse Power Distribution Modules. They make fuse modules for remote mounted batteries that get used in automotive, big rigs, heavy equipment,etc.

I bought the SL series 88076 to mount on the side of my trunk mounted Moroso battery box.

The module has four fuses that get power all of the time.

I plan on using these to add power windows and power door locks.

The module also has three large amp MIDI fuses for circuits up to 200 amps each.
      The large fuses are controlled by a remote switch that you can place as you wish.

The remote switch is the feature that sold me on the unit. I plan on using the remote switch as a theft deterrent to control all of the circuits that are IGNITION ON switched; Starter, Fan, fuel pump, injectors, coils etc. All of the large gauge power wires will have no power unless the the remote switch is ON and the ignition key is in the IGNITION ON position: A nice safety feature.

Name:  F6EBFE2A-03FD-485C-82DB-9868BEBA1721.jpeg
Views: 384
Size:  787.6 KBName:  B7FA70B7-22D5-4674-B4F7-A31BE0FD6D35.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  269.6 KB
      Brian P

Quote Originally Posted by BrianP View Post
      Check out the Littelfuse Power Distribution Modules. They make fuse modules for remote mounted batteries that get used in automotive, big rigs, heavy equipment,etc.

I bought the SL series 88076 to mount on the side of my trunk mounted Moroso battery box.

The module has four fuses that get power all of the time.

I plan on using these to add power windows and power door locks.

The module also has three large amp MIDI fuses for circuits up to 200 amps each.
      The large fuses are controlled by a remote switch that you can place as you wish.

The remote switch is the feature that sold me on the unit. I plan on using the remote switch as a theft deterrent to control all of the circuits that are IGNITION ON switched; Starter, Fan, fuel pump, injectors, coils etc. All of the large gauge power wires will have no power unless the the remote switch is ON and the ignition key is in the IGNITION ON position: A nice safety feature.

Name:  F6EBFE2A-03FD-485C-82DB-9868BEBA1721.jpeg
Views: 384
Size:  787.6 KBName:  B7FA70B7-22D5-4674-B4F7-A31BE0FD6D35.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  269.6 KB
      Very nice find. I like that remote control feature. I think I've figured it out what I want to do with mine. My main fuse box is one that can be mounted in the engine compartment or trunk, I chose the trunk. It comes with a circuit breaker so that's protected. I found a power/ground distribution block that is fused, I'll run my amp and anything else that needs constant power to that.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Name:  IMG_6591.JPG
Views: 234
Size:  596.2 KB
      1968 Camaro w/ Jon Henson-DB Rods built 6.0 with Whipple SuperCharger at 10lbs making 630hp on gas and 740 on E85, T56 Mag 6 speed with triple disc monster clutch, RideTech suspension, mini tubbed and 4 linked with ford 9". Fiske 18" wheels with Toyo R888R tires. Wilwood all corners, AC.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com