Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1959 GMC semi-pro-touring

I am selling my project 1959 GMC (with a Chevy front end). It has a 2nd Gen Camaro front subframe on it, which I have upgraded with the full Hotchkis setup, upper/lower control arms, QA1 coilovers and a hotchkis swaybar. It also has a CPP C5 corvette spindle/brake kit. It currently has a 305ci/TH350 in it. I built a custom 3-link w/ panhard rod in the back, using Tony Angelo's Drift Cuda for inspriation. I ran all the numbers designing it, which I can share. It's DOM tubing and QA1 rod ends. It has a Speedway Motors fabricated 9" housing, ridetech lower link mounts and a Speedmaster AL 9" Housing with Yukon 3.70 gears and 31 spline axles. It has QA1 Mod series coilovers in the back, along with a Wilwood disk brake kit. The rims are US Wheel 'rat rod' style steel wheels, with brand new Nitto rubber. It has a headers and some very nice sounding Black Widow venom mufflers (with electric cut-outs if you want to really piss off the neighbors). It has Lokar pedals, and a full set of Autometer Pro-Lite guages. The wiring in the truck is all new, though started with an American Autowire kit, I heavily modified it using a bulkhead fitting.

The body of the truck has been through quite a bit, with some rather sloppy work done over the years, so after I found that, I decided to go with the rat-rod/bare metal look, which looks pretty awesome imho. I haven't finished stripping all of the paint, but the 'bare metal' has Rustoleum Satin Clear on it.

It is >< close to being 'done', the transmission cooler lines leak (argh, they are brand new off of ebay), and the shifter seal on the trans leaks a little. It also needs a full alignment.

Here is a link to photos I took today.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6bLS34c8u9V815C86

I have the grill, and a new in box front bumper, along with a lot of the original stuff (guages, ornamental metal stuff).

I am selling this because I have been working on it for almost 3 years, it was suppose to be a quick project that I could then daily drive while I worked on my Camaro. After talking with my wife, I think I would be better off selling them both and just buying my dream car (a C2 Corvette).

I would like to get $12k for it, but make me an offer.

I live in Thousand Oaks, CA, which is just outside of LA. I could deliver it within a few hundred miles.

shawn

Country Flag: United States
      Sold

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com