Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register



    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 79
    1. #21
      Join Date
      Apr 2021
      Posts
      97
      Country Flag: Canada
      Name:  3P6trvb9QNe+mq45hJXG1w.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  256.1 KB

      Took some time to mock up the tank, its a tanks inc direct fit with a walbro 525 pump, which should be plenty for what I'm planning.

      Name:  LUnIHfuUQKaYaoxfZpWyEg.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  590.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_8660 2.JPG
Views: 593
Size:  463.4 KB

      I also threw the gauge cluster and clock in. They're classic instruments units.

      Name:  ZiDYT7AXS5alnE%8liGheQ.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  383.7 KB

      mock up of the rear suspension, I ordered a complete rear end from quick performance, it's a 9" ford in the standard tri five width. I'm pretty happy with it overall.

      Name:  gM%OPR79Rye4mPn8fu6buw.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  774.1 KBName:  tJ77VtO4QQSLl2uRlJW5DA.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  592.5 KBName:  2VUUNR7pTZSUjXkBnDX39w.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  631.7 KB

      Monster LT1-S triple disc clutch should be plenty! I'm excited to try this clutch out, it's supposed to have stock drive-ability but be able to handle 1150whp which is way more than I'm going to be making.

    2. #22
      Join Date
      Apr 2021
      Posts
      97
      Country Flag: Canada
      So from the outset of this build I knew I wanted to do a different drivetrain than the chevelle (6.0L w/4L80E), my very first plan was to do some sort of boosted LS. I actually looked pretty seriously at doing a procharger or another centrifugal supercharger but the cost to do that was higher than what I was looking to get into at the time. I also considered doing a turbo but it just didn't feel right for this car. So with all that being said I started to look for a PD blower, I was mostly interested in a whipple based primarily on looks, I soon found out that a PD blower was no cheaper than the centri blower so I scrapped the whole idea and decided on the solid roller spin it to the moon plan. That was all well and good until I started really thinking about what I would have to buy to make that plan happen (shaft mounted rockers, CID intake, accufab TB, etc) and I realized that for the price I would be paying for that setup I could probably get close to the cost of an LSA setup.

      So the plan changed and I started looking for an LSA supercharger. Name:  IMG_8780.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  488.9 KB

      Dad couldn't let me have all the fun so he got one too. we got a good deal on the pair.

      Name:  jXpC5Qh4TGiTOESlL+v8rw.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  517.3 KB

      I also picked up an LQ9 from a 2005 escalade. This would give me gen 4 rods which I planned to keep and use.

      Unfortunately the plan to use everything over didn't last long. As I tore the engine down I started to come across some issues. Cam bearings were bad and the pistons were scuffed. Fortunately for me I work at a machine shop in the summer months while I'm not in school.

      Name:  IMG_8796.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  503.5 KBName:  IMG_8797.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  441.1 KBName:  IMG_8798.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  401.8 KBName:  IMG_8799.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  315.9 KBName:  IMG_8800.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  251.4 KB

      I dropped the block off at work to have the cylinders checked and in the end it had to be bored 0.030". I went with a wiseco forged piston and BTR forged rod. the crank also had to be gorund 0.010" on the main journals and the rod journals were ok, so just a polish for them.

      Name:  IMG_9465.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  315.5 KBName:  IMG_8801.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  261.2 KB

      A friend if mine is in school to be a mechanic, I invited him over to help put the engine together and showed him how to assemble the pistons on the rods.

    3. #23
      Join Date
      Apr 2021
      Posts
      97
      Country Flag: Canada
      Wow it has been a long time since I updated this...

      Since the last update I finished assembling the engine
      Name:  8BE246C5-1985-4F37-87E9-5764908E2D44.JPG
Views: 405
Size:  418.7 KB
      Name:  220DAE4F-CFBA-4C44-80C6-EDA714169AD6.JPG
Views: 412
Size:  701.5 KB
      Name:  1E18B816-6C71-4CB0-AA51-A5C88D39719D.JPG
Views: 409
Size:  597.0 KB
      Name:  D6911CD7-A5F4-47C0-ACE8-DDD572AF90C1.JPG
Views: 396
Size:  415.9 KB
      Name:  6311645D-43F2-4E4E-AFF2-37D08498654D.JPG
Views: 408
Size:  618.8 KB
      Name:  2CAEE071-29B8-4878-9D15-35AE762DE480.JPG
Views: 405
Size:  539.5 KB

      Lots of good parts in this one. Brian Tooley camshaft, Wiseco Pistons, Brian Tooley connecting rods, Johnson lifters and ARP headstuds.

      Name:  CE886FCE-E62C-4EEF-A38B-6FFD52C7BEC5.JPG
Views: 410
Size:  856.6 KB

    4. #24
      Join Date
      Apr 2021
      Posts
      97
      Country Flag: Canada
      Some final mockup
      Name:  7SyipKt7R7+2cMCE5UJaoA.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  435.8 KB
      Name:  mUX7FeG6R32MNhlUxtCmGQ.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  448.8 KB

      the quick performance 9 inch finally arrived

      Name:  RlqzGHBeQluumpCsadzhVA.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  742.4 KB

      I got it cleaned up and painted after having a buddy tig weld the 4 link brackets on

      Name:  5wNNdzsGT9CSLFgVEZ0%rQ.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  388.6 KB
      Name:  jmEj3nNKQh6qX8Xvs0cZjA.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  391.6 KB

      9 inch installed with brakes. I keep thinking this car is looking more and more like a racecar lol

      Name:  %cqM1SHJRaiEkd9AyELe4Q.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  471.6 KB
      Name:  SOx4n1bFT6CMj%5B0veATQ.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  586.1 KB
      Name:  Rz3PTz7uRae2WoritD%1oQ.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  563.3 KB

      Monster triple disc assembled and installed on the engine

      Name:  t86g8AmdRQCDgoubi+4XdA.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  495.8 KB

      and the tr6060 is on also... ready for install

    5. #25
      Join Date
      Apr 2021
      Posts
      97
      Country Flag: Canada
      Drivetrain is installed
      Name:  vdBHNyDTQtyUdQpSY5+FVQ.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  506.5 KB
      Name:  8lPa9TGTRkuhoVZH6zUJYA.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  557.2 KB
      Name:  I9jXOohSSyuz+UGM1UQfxA.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  589.3 KB
      Name:  nLI5pSlpSwmnWMhRaWJGJw.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  542.6 KB
      Name:  b9XmaAXpQJG8yDjtMHzJrw.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  419.0 KB

      The shifter position lined up perfectly with the hole I cut in the new tunnel
      Name:  wgsqvw%ISAW8AwSeraClbw.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  580.8 KB

      I also stuck the seat in for now, I'm pretty happy with the overall shifter position ergonomically
      Name:  Dlw2il41TmiSyhKfDhdShA.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  406.9 KB

      some more mockup, 2" primary hedman headers that I will have to make some small modification to, the LSX concepts race drive fits phenomenally and the holley high mount alternator looks like it will work well. The blower snout is off so I can install a smaller upper pulley along with a solid isolator
      Name:  Oejd4Bt5RWeghvzYJ2xFxQ.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  535.6 KB

      There is some more progress since these pictures but I'll get to them soon. Current day I am getting ready to wire the car, I have an American autowire harness that I loomed using techflex woven loom.

      I had planned on using a P01 LS ecu that I converted to a 6.0L 6 speed with custom 3 bar OS using HPtuners along with a harness I built custom to fit the engine super tight that is loomed with the same techflex woven as the American Autowire body harness. Unfortunately the combination of injector angle on the LSA blower and the cathedral to square port adapters I am using are likely going to cause me some tuning issues using the factory ecu (there is not enough adjustment in the transient and tip in fueling to adjust for the injector spray hitting the side of the adapter plates and it causes stumbling and stalling issues at tip in and off idle)

      Sooo the solution to this is either change the cylinder heads or change the engine management system. I'm leaning towards putting a holley terminator system on the car but most of my tuning experience is with hp tuners so this would be a new ball game. Hopefully someone will chime in with some experience with the holley stuff and possibly even someone who has an LSA with a holley

    6. #26
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Kansas City, Missouri
      Posts
      622
      Country Flag: United States
      Andrew I hear someone calling your name
      Quote Originally Posted by lsx70 View Post
      Drivetrain is installed
      Name:  vdBHNyDTQtyUdQpSY5+FVQ.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  506.5 KB
      Name:  8lPa9TGTRkuhoVZH6zUJYA.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  557.2 KB
      Name:  I9jXOohSSyuz+UGM1UQfxA.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  589.3 KB
      Name:  nLI5pSlpSwmnWMhRaWJGJw.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  542.6 KB
      Name:  b9XmaAXpQJG8yDjtMHzJrw.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  419.0 KB

      The shifter position lined up perfectly with the hole I cut in the new tunnel
      Name:  wgsqvw%ISAW8AwSeraClbw.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  580.8 KB

      I also stuck the seat in for now, I'm pretty happy with the overall shifter position ergonomically
      Name:  Dlw2il41TmiSyhKfDhdShA.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  406.9 KB

      some more mockup, 2" primary hedman headers that I will have to make some small modification to, the LSX concepts race drive fits phenomenally and the holley high mount alternator looks like it will work well. The blower snout is off so I can install a smaller upper pulley along with a solid isolator
      Name:  Oejd4Bt5RWeghvzYJ2xFxQ.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  535.6 KB

      There is some more progress since these pictures but I'll get to them soon. Current day I am getting ready to wire the car, I have an American autowire harness that I loomed using techflex woven loom.

      I had planned on using a P01 LS ecu that I converted to a 6.0L 6 speed with custom 3 bar OS using HPtuners along with a harness I built custom to fit the engine super tight that is loomed with the same techflex woven as the American Autowire body harness. Unfortunately the combination of injector angle on the LSA blower and the cathedral to square port adapters I am using are likely going to cause me some tuning issues using the factory ecu (there is not enough adjustment in the transient and tip in fueling to adjust for the injector spray hitting the side of the adapter plates and it causes stumbling and stalling issues at tip in and off idle)

      Sooo the solution to this is either change the cylinder heads or change the engine management system. I'm leaning towards putting a holley terminator system on the car but most of my tuning experience is with hp tuners so this would be a new ball game. Hopefully someone will chime in with some experience with the holley stuff and possibly even someone who has an LSA with a holley

    7. #27
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      2,452
      Country Flag: United States
      Love this build and you're doing a great job on this car! I'm hoping to find a 55 or 56 Nomad sometime this year to start building.

      I ran a Terminator X Max with my 6.2 LSA and TR6060 trans, which is very similar to yours. I did have LS3 heads on mine, so no adapter plates. I'll say that it works really well for boosted applications and I was able to very quickly get the tune dialed in. The software is very user friendly compared to HP Tuners. With the X Max ECU you can run the VSS into the ECU to enable speed based outputs and commands. I used it for the reverse lockout and to disable my cooling fans above 40 mph. I'm happy to answer basic questions, but if you need in depth questions I'd contact Andrew here on this site. He's the go-to guy for tuning Holley ECU's.


      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid, Z51 brakes, 12 bolt, Speedtech, Hotchkis, DSE...SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1, 6 Speed, C5 front brakes, and etc. SOLD

    8. #28
      Join Date
      Apr 2021
      Posts
      97
      Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Love this build and you're doing a great job on this car! I'm hoping to find a 55 or 56 Nomad sometime this year to start building.

      I ran a Terminator X Max with my 6.2 LSA and TR6060 trans, which is very similar to yours. I did have LS3 heads on mine, so no adapter plates. I'll say that it works really well for boosted applications and I was able to very quickly get the tune dialed in. The software is very user friendly compared to HP Tuners. With the X Max ECU you can run the VSS into the ECU to enable speed based outputs and commands. I used it for the reverse lockout and to disable my cooling fans above 40 mph. I'm happy to answer basic questions, but if you need in depth questions I'd contact Andrew here on this site. He's the go-to guy for tuning Holley ECU's.
      I appreciate the kind words! I love 56 nomads, I donít love the rear wheel well on a 55.

      In terms of Holley, did you use a cable drive throttle body or drive by wire? I like the idea of a drive by wire setup but I really donít want to lose the instant throttle response of the cable.
      Andrew slipped my mind, I have him on Instagram so Iíll have to reach out

    9. #29
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      2,452
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by lsx70 View Post
      I appreciate the kind words! I love 56 nomads, I donít love the rear wheel well on a 55.

      In terms of Holley, did you use a cable drive throttle body or drive by wire? I like the idea of a drive by wire setup but I really donít want to lose the instant throttle response of the cable.
      Andrew slipped my mind, I have him on Instagram so Iíll have to reach out
      I like the rear wheel well on the 55 better, but I really love the hidden fuel filler neck on the 56. I'm waiting for the right project to come up and I'll take whichever fits my criteria haha.

      I ran DBC on mine with a Nick Williams 92mm. No idea if it made any difference in HP, but when I took the snout off to swap to the ZPE hub, I took the opportunity to port match the TB to the snout and got rid of the hump on the right side inlet looking in the intake. Motion works makes a DBC bracket, but I made my own from a piece of aluminum plate and an old truck intake throttle bracket I had. I have tons of pictures and documentation of the LSA swap I did on the build in my signature.


      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid, Z51 brakes, 12 bolt, Speedtech, Hotchkis, DSE...SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1, 6 Speed, C5 front brakes, and etc. SOLD

    10. #30
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,231
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by lsx70 View Post
      I appreciate the kind words! I love 56 nomads, I donít love the rear wheel well on a 55.

      In terms of Holley, did you use a cable drive throttle body or drive by wire? I like the idea of a drive by wire setup but I really donít want to lose the instant throttle response of the cable.
      Andrew slipped my mind, I have him on Instagram so Iíll have to reach out
      Drive by wire is the way to go. You won't lose any responsiveness, and you will gain drivability. Shoot me a message if I can help with the tuning.

      I also highly recommend the Bowler all in one T56 controller. It will handle your reverse lockout solenoid and provide an easy way to add a VSS channel to the Terminator X Max ECU. Call Bowler to make sure you get the right one for your particular T56.

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    11. #31
      Join Date
      Apr 2021
      Posts
      97
      Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      I like the rear wheel well on the 55 better, but I really love the hidden fuel filler neck on the 56. I'm waiting for the right project to come up and I'll take whichever fits my criteria haha.

      I ran DBC on mine with a Nick Williams 92mm. No idea if it made any difference in HP, but when I took the snout off to swap to the ZPE hub, I took the opportunity to port match the TB to the snout and got rid of the hump on the right side inlet looking in the intake. Motion works makes a DBC bracket, but I made my own from a piece of aluminum plate and an old truck intake throttle bracket I had. I have tons of pictures and documentation of the LSA swap I did on the build in my signature.
      I was following your build a little while back but it was before I started this build, Iíll have to look back through
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Drive by wire is the way to go. You won't lose any responsiveness, and you will gain drivability. Shoot me a message if I can help with the tuning.

      I also highly recommend the Bowler all in one T56 controller. It will handle your reverse lockout solenoid and provide an easy way to add a VSS channel to the Terminator X Max ECU. Call Bowler to make sure you get the right one for your particular T56.

      Andrew
      Andrew Iím going to shoot you a message on instagram

    12. #32
      Join Date
      Apr 2021
      Posts
      97
      Country Flag: Canada
      On to some more updates

      Name:  P5s1bTWgT7yP+bkeaznd1Q.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  440.4 KB

      Engine fitment with the front clip on, the clip is on temporarily to measure for a radiator, heat exchanger and fans

      Name:  OmS6y68sSIiAVZCaGx+0Iw.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  839.1 KB
      Name:  jAUteikeTdWXzRuRjYuOew.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  820.5 KB
      Name:  SdGTSLIdQhuZeDHSpIUSfg.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  681.6 KB
      Name:  PieVZ%JrQgCWr7s3KQgdOg.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  742.4 KB
      Name:  SLvMV+YRQJCHq9veCUgIEA.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  867.6 KB

      I couldn't resist taking some pictured with the front clip on. I love how the stance is looking, its getting me thinking about wheel choices..... any ideas??

    13. #33
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      334
      Country Flag: United States
      Damn nice looking 56. My favorite year. Great build.
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

      Tighten it till it strips & back it off a quarter turn.

    14. #34
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,231
      Country Flag: United States
      Per our conversation, I would run this fan:

      https://www.vintageair.com/custom/pr....php?pn=280479

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    15. #35
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      2,452
      Country Flag: United States
      Those Spal Brushless fans are where it's at. I grabbed mine off of a C7 and modified it to work with a custom fan shroud on my aluminum radiator. Also, get the largest heat exchanger that you can fit.


      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid, Z51 brakes, 12 bolt, Speedtech, Hotchkis, DSE...SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1, 6 Speed, C5 front brakes, and etc. SOLD

    16. #36
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Posts
      14
      Loving your build.

    17. #37
      Join Date
      Apr 2021
      Posts
      97
      Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Alwhite00 View Post
      Damn nice looking 56. My favorite year. Great build.
      Thanks! my favorite as well!

      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Per our conversation, I would run this fan:

      https://www.vintageair.com/custom/pr....php?pn=280479



      Andrew
      Thanks Andrew, I already have a fan that isn't the one you linked but I definitely think you will like what I have acquired...

      Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Those Spal Brushless fans are where it's at. I grabbed mine off of a C7 and modified it to work with a custom fan shroud on my aluminum radiator. Also, get the largest heat exchanger that you can fit.
      Fan update coming soon.. heat exchanger too.. I appreciate the input, I remember looking through your build thread thinking that I would love to have an LSA at some point!

      Quote Originally Posted by Pingar View Post
      Loving your build.
      Thanks! lots to come!


    18. #38
      Join Date
      Apr 2021
      Posts
      97
      Country Flag: Canada
      Since the last update quite a lot has happened so this update may be quite large...

      To start off I had a buddy modify the blower snout to remove one of the unnecessary vacuum ports
      Name:  Ohl9DLjSRw2wr11tyXtXDA.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  594.1 KB
      and then reinstalled the snout on the blower
      Name:  xCRcmR3tS7CP1SrHRYLVfA.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  499.7 KB
      Name:  bNlW%j2WTrm8%4t6AlEx%A.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  508.8 KB

      then after much consideration dad and I decided we should get a tig welder
      Name:  i384rddORKKs7NSaahqsYQ.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  641.5 KB
      It's an everlast 255EXT with the water cooler. The only problem was neither one of us know how to tig weld... so I started goofing around with the welder
      Name:  IC+SAxdSQoSufS3Ep%D9JQ.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  448.4 KB
      first with some steel
      Name:  HDsAUM2HSl+IKywCNYA+SA.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  483.1 KB
      then with some aluminum. After a weekend of messing around trying to figure the welder out I decided I was ready to do something that would actually progress my project.
      Name:  %gpK8sghQTqZUYMixVhSig.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  463.2 KB

      I decided to try and weld Vband flanges on my headers. Now the headers are mild steel and the flanges are stainless so I used a 309 filler that is specific to welding stainless to mild (or so I've been told)

    19. #39
      Join Date
      Apr 2021
      Posts
      97
      Country Flag: Canada
      Name:  UH3yAN92TK+8bfOjaN+SAA.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  233.9 KB
      Name:  3Y0BVbNvTfyHxJh6QRcyqw.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  246.4 KB
      Name:  hyXpw3OySrGns0S9pWa+kA.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  285.8 KB
      Name:  DQB+W4nqR7mfpfLofKTemw.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  285.9 KB
      Name:  eGsYeuRhSKeXmTUojTnJuA.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  336.7 KB
      Name:  c82LnoIATEWYoCbfPxgulA.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  333.9 KB

      I also welded in O2 sensor bungs. There is probably a bit too much heat in the welds but overall I'm happy with them for my first attempt.

      Name:  L5ZzlbP%TSeWUqbJkdEVAQ.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  227.6 KB
      this is one I did for the headers on a 69 chevelle we're building for my mom. Her headers are 304 stainless so this was my first stainless to stainless.

      Name:  ACsE9f0GRK+1RzqFXRMppQ.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  414.2 KB
      Name:  WPSDIDr7SzCgKpK584wncw.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  432.6 KB
      Name:  zrgQ4Nn6StOpG5CPJ9z7+Q.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  602.9 KB
      I also picked up a terminator X max for a good deal. I already re-loomed the injector harness and stripped the main harness to do the same

    20. #40
      Join Date
      May 2017
      Posts
      206
      Dude, the LSA looks right at home in between the fender wells of the 56. Nice touches, mixing the old with the new!

    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast