Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1.25 rotor thickness parking brake calipers

Looking to add a small mechanical spot caliper to act as my parking brake but can't seem to come across any that are for a 1.25 rotor thickness. Wilwood makes some but the max thickness is 0.81 that I can find. They look bolted together, could I take em apart and make my own spacer to get the thickness I need?

Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Thanks! Not sure how I never came across those. Turns out that I fell down a hole of looking up parking brake calipers on Ebay. Currently looking into trying to run an electric caliper..... Will have to let you guys know if I can get that to work out
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcitydak View Post
      Thanks! Not sure how I never came across those. Turns out that I fell down a hole of looking up parking brake calipers on Ebay. Currently looking into trying to run an electric caliper..... Will have to let you guys know if I can get that to work out
      I'm looking for an electric parking brake setup myself.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

I've been looking at Wilwood's parking brake system myself. They do offer a caliper for rotors of 0.81, 1.10, and 1.25 thicknesses. You have to make your own mounting bracket but that isn't too difficult. There is another company that I looked at that uses calipers from a Tesla but after I bought one off Ebay, I found it to be a little large for my use.

Following up on this thread to see what you guys ended up doing. I am looking to do the same on my end.

I looked for a bunch of options to do this same thing. I've got a Ford 9" full floater rear axle with 12.19" x 1.25" rotors. I had purchased some Wilwood GM-III calipers to run on the back but I didn't find any emergency brake options that I liked. So, I'm dumping the GM-III's and bought some '76-78 Eldorado calipers with built-in emergency brake from here: https://lugnut4x4.com/product/emergency-brake-kit/. They are new construction and fit the 1.25" calipers. They also sold some good weld-on brackets for 12.5" rotors, so i just have to shave them down a bit to properly fit my rotors.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com