Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Well , sort of dipped my toe in LSx pond,,,

Picked up a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP.

My plan is eventually a 4T80E trans swap, DOD delete, intake swap and hope to keep a bit of mileage and still push 400 HP and have fun.
      They say intake is 50+ HP killer, and eventually I'll dump the DOD.
      Name:  Screenshot_20220307-094943.png
Views: 288
Size:  1.01 MB

I'm thinking as I drove up on it calling her Space Ghost!
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

So Moroso/LS4 king pan, starter relocation kit and 4T80E swap mounts coming this week. Then figuring out swap wiring and coming up with new intake and throttle body and start saving for DOD delete cam change.
      Looking to push stock long block to 400+hp.
      Should get at least 50 from I take swap according to Richard Holdener from YouTube. He dynoed mild 5.7 with LS4 intake and tb and lost 58 hp. So even TBSS intake and tb should give me 50+/- hp.
      And decent cam should give me 25-35 easy.
      Then to pick headers.
      Car comes with 243 heads, same as LS6,minus light weight valvetrain and springs.
      And may have deal on some AFR cathedral port heads so fun time ahead.
      And since stock trans is still functional. I may resell it to another GXP owner to fund cam swap.
      Now do I drop cash on HPTuners now or search for local tuner?
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Quote Originally Posted by MonzaRacer View Post
      Now do I drop cash on HPTuners now or search for local tuner?
      I'm going to suggest both, provided the local tuner is a dyno tuner. And, make sure they don't lock the tune. A professional dyno tuner will get the most bang for the buck out of the engine as that's what they do all day long. Plus, dyno tune. Where having your own copy comes in is you can fine tune the cruising characteristics and shifting (assuming auto here) to suit yourself. The pro will be great for getting the max WOT power out of it but obviously he can't ride with you for days at a time tweaking the cruising aspects and shifting behaviour. Well, maybe he can, I don't know how deep your wallet is In the end you can make the car return the best possible mileage when you're just A2B driving, and shift exactly how you want it to shift.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

400hp is beyond easy. Leave the 243 heads, buy at a minimum a Dorman LS2 intake, or better yet a FAST or MSD cathedra w/ a 90mm stock throttle body. Camming is like any other 5.3, Summit Ghost Cam or my favorite a Lingenfelter GT11/Hawks Cheatr depending if you are going to go big or cheap on the valve springs, can go bigger but those put out a fantastic power curve. Put a 3000 stall converter in it and go. Figure out how to make it hook in front(Honda school) and have fun!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com