Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Rotor Loose on Axle Register

Swapping rear ends from a 1970 Oldsmobile assembly, to a 71-72 BOP 10 bolt.

Using the same C5 rotors (KORE3 kit), I noticed the rotor doesn't fit as snug over the axle register on the new Moser axles. The axle register is 2.755" and the rotor is 2.790. Currie makes register adaptors, but nothing that thin. https://www.currieenterprises.com/pa...ister-adapters

.035" total clearance doesn't sound like much, but it's enough for the rotor to clearly not rotate perfectly centered. Is this a concern?

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Do you have a dial indicator with a magnetic base? If you do, mount it on your axle and put the indicator on the outside diameter of the rotor after you tighten it down with the wheels on. Then spin the wheel and watch the dial. See how much run out you have. Anything big would have you wanting to have a ring made up to properly center your rotor
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

If all the rotors you will use have that consistent size, you'll probably have to have the axle register turned down. This will allow a thicker register ring to be used that will bring it up to the rotor diameter. I would have the same place that turns down the register, just press on a steel sleeve and turn it to your preferred register OD.
      Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll have to mock it up and get an accurate run out measurement and decide what actions to take next.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com