Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

L99 to LS3 Conversion

I am doing a L99/6L80e swap in my 1967 Camaro and i am trying to figure out if i need to do the ls3 conversion. If so what kit would you suggest?

Country Flag: United States
      I think that they actually have different pistons, and the LS3 also has the lighter sodium filled intake valves. But if your question is more related to deleting VVT, then there are several kits out there. And while you are that far, you might as well get an upgraded cam too. I think another difference is the LS3 has the PCV in the valley cover. Not sure if the L99 had that or not.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      I think that they actually have different pistons, and the LS3 also has the lighter sodium filled intake valves. But if your question is more related to deleting VVT, then there are several kits out there. And while you are that far, you might as well get an upgraded cam too. I think another difference is the LS3 has the PCV in the valley cover. Not sure if the L99 had that or not.
      Yeah i was talking about the dod and vvt delete kit. Are the texas speed products good quality?

I've used Texas Speed VVT delete kits a couple of time and they worked well. Haven't used a DOD delete kit. If I understand right if you do a DOD kit you change out the lifters? Yeah I would do a cam with new springs and push rods.

Quote Originally Posted by 79 Camaro View Post
      I've used Texas Speed VVT delete kits a couple of time and they worked well. Haven't used a DOD delete kit. If I understand right if you do a DOD kit you change out the lifters? Yeah I would do a cam with new springs and push rods.
      Think i should just go with a stage 1 cam considering im just using the stock 6L80e torque converter?

TSP has a "NSR" (No stall required) line of camshafts that would work best with your stock converter.

I put BTR cam Kit in my LS, new LS7 lifters, push rods, springs, should be running the motor soon

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com