Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Coolant type for aluminum radiator

I apologize of this has been discussed before. I have a brand new aluminum radiator and have made my head hurt trying to select a. Coolant/ antifreeze. I called the manufacturer and the person that answered the phone was no help. This is not a late model car it's a old school BBC with an aluminum radiator. Apparently the silicates in coolant are what cause the gelling inside a radiator. Is low silicate content ok or does it need to be silicate free? This seems to be one of those topics with a lot of answers. Thank you in advance

On all my LS swaps I have used standard "green" anti-freeze using aluminum radiators. My 98 Wrangler LS6 swap has almost 14 years on it with no problems. I do change it about every 3-4 years.
      My Wrangler has a Novak swap aluminum radiator.

Thank you very much that's good enough for me! Hard to believe ls swaps have been around for over 14 yrs!

I did my first LS swap into a 79 Camaro in 2003- 2004. Just a stock 2002 Camaro LS1/4L60E combo. It was a great car. No rust no hit base Camaro with a worn out 305/350 turbo combo.
      Did the Power Tour with it a couple of times when it was running thru the mid-west.Name:  79 CamJPG.JPG
Views: 220
Size:  309.3 KBName:  '79 a 4-18-09.JPG
Views: 231
Size:  314.6 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com