Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Which VA setup

Country Flag: United States

Which VA setup

Good afternoon, I知 building a 39 Chevy coupe and will be putting a/c in. Should I spend the extra and do the gen 4 magnum or save the $300 and go to the super cooler series? The car is being built as a cruiser and will be doing power tour. Just want to make sure I get enough a/c for the car.

The magnum is better in every single way other than packaging in a prewar car. It is quite tall but I have made them work in prewar cars. If you have a local shop that will rent or loan the mock up units out, that is the easiest way to figure out what will work best for you.

Even a compac would keep that car cool if well sealed, insulated, and tinted, but the biggest unit you can fit will always be better.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Thank you! I figured that would be the response. I think I was trying to justify saving the money, especially because I may or may not be a little over budget on the car (building it for my dad). I installed a magnum in my g body, and have been underwhelmed with the performance. I do think the under performance is my fault for a couple of install errors and a bad a/c compressor.

I have a compac in my Nova and it値l freeze you. As stated, packaging is a problem in street rods. We rarely put a magnum in these cars. They just don稚 fit well.

Tim

67 Camaro RS

64 Nova SS

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com