Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Sparco GT Sport in a 68

Has anyone tried the Sparco GT Sport seat? I’m ready to pull the trigger in them for my 1968 Firebird. However I keep hearing stories of ppl getting seats that don’t fit well or put your head in the roof. I’m not in a position to try multiple times so I would like to get it right in the first try. I took measurements to for the width and it seems to be fine there. Any help you guys could share would be awesome!

Country Flag: United States

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Yes that seat! I love the look of it. I just don’t want to have my head in the roof when I’m driving so I’m hoping someone has Installed them.

I'm strongly considering them as well. I currently have the Corbeau A4 wide, and they are nice but I'd like something just a bit more comfortable and less flashy. Those Sparco GT's fit the bill perfect, but they are brand new and not much data on them. It does look like the center cushion is easily removable (not part of the side bolsters) so if you needed to shave it down for head room, it may be possible. I'm about 6'5", the base height it very important to me.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Yeah I’m 6’2 and it’s seems ppl in the 60’s had to be smaller on average than now ��. I called up there and got some dimensions so tomorrow I’m going to measure the factory seat and see how it compares.

I just pulled the trigger in the Sparco GT Sports. I’ll post a review and stuff as soon as I get them in.

So I installed the GT sport seats and couldn’t be more happy with the look and feel. They sit at the perfect height and look amazing. I’m 6’2” and 205lbs. The bolster on the seat back is snug but feels good. (I have a fairly wide build). I don’t have all the interior back together yet but I’ll post what I have.Name:  15DB7852-54D2-4ADF-B8B2-C387E0ACE839.jpg
Views: 3573
Size:  328.3 KBName:  5A0AF073-6997-4862-8595-2FD247FA8153.jpg
Views: 4847
Size:  325.4 KB

Those look great! Thanks for posting.

If you don't mind, can you take a few measurements for me? I'm looking for the width of the cushion between the back and leg bolsters. One measurement on the back, and two on the base. (not sure if the cushion gets wider toward front of the seat)

Thanks a ton!

Name:  Sparco GT.JPG
Views: 3150
Size:  46.8 KB

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Yes sir I will get them tomorrow.

Very nice looking seats! Price looks good too. Ill be in a market soon so for sure keeping these as a good option. I like the idea of having loathing on the perimeter and a suede insert. That suede seems to keep you more stationary in the seat when turning
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Yes it does. And also they look really good if you remove the headrest for that old school low back look. I’ll probably ride around without the headrest the majority of the time

Red: 12 1/4”
      Yellow:12 1/2”
      Blue:14 1/2”
      Sorry it took me a little longer to get the measurements. Kids are in several different sports and sometimes that eats my car time up. (Wouldn’t have it any other way though)

Thanks for the measurements. I'll compare them to my current A4 wide when I get a chance.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Are you still loving the sparco seats? I'm a similar build as you (6'2", 210lbs) and heavily considering these seats. How the clearance if you had to put a helmet on? Also what seat brackets do you have? My car is a 67 Camaro, and according to summit racing the sparco bracket wouldn't work in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by mkegs14 View Post
      Are you still loving the sparco seats? I'm a similar build as you (6'2", 210lbs) and heavily considering these seats. How the clearance if you had to put a helmet on? Also what seat brackets do you have? My car is a 67 Camaro, and according to summit racing the sparco bracket wouldn't work in my car.
      FYI - whatever seat brackets you go with, good chance you can cut/weld the legs to make them shorter, creating more head room. I lowered my Planted brackets as much as possible, due to my height. I have not yet purchased these seats, I'm looking forward to hearing what BadBird68 thinks of them.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Hey there BadBird68, I am looking to purchase the Sparco gt seats for my 68 Camaro, your post is all I could find for info. How well have they held up? Any issues with seat height? Did you use the Sparco seat bracket and sliders? Any modifications needed? Have a good one, Mike

Hi guys, following up on this one as I'm really considering the same seats! :}

Do you know how tall they are? For me they would be going in to a 71 FB so not sure how much the roof height difference there is between the 1st and 2nd gen f-bodies. According to Summit they are 33.8" high.
      https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sro-009012nr

Other options are the Corbeau Sport Seats but I would definitely have to cut down the head rest as they look to be 8" tall alone bringing the total height to 36.5" tall.
      https://www.summitracing.com/parts/csu-90010pr

The wild card value seat I also have an eye on is the Procar Touring Series. Overall height is 34" with a headrest height of 6.5. Same where I would / could cut it down 2" or so.
      https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-80-1680-51l

I think the gold standard for aftermarket seats is the Procar Rally 1000 Series.
      https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-80-1000-51l
      They are tried & true in that we know they fit in these cars well & have a good amount of headroom. Total height is 30.5". My only issue is they look a little bulky where as the other seats look a trimmer & sportier & still have good bolstering.

Thanks everyone & LMK your thoughts.
      HELP!!!
      1973 TA 4 spd #'s match red/white = STOLEN
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...55#post1106255

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nick View Post
      Thanks for the measurements. I'll compare them to my current A4 wide when I get a chance.

have you had the chance to compare these to your seats?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
      have you had the chance to compare these to your seats?
      Yes, they were very similar... but I didn't write down exact specs. I'll probably give the Sparco GT's a shot as a winter project, but probably not till next year. I'm not unhappy with the A4's, just want something that looks a little less like a "racing seat."

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nick View Post
      Yes, they were very similar... but I didn't write down exact specs. I'll probably give the Sparco GT's a shot as a winter project, but probably not till next year. I'm not unhappy with the A4's, just want something that looks a little less like a "racing seat."

I get that, I was thinking the same thing before I made a move.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com