Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      How are you on your ride height? In your one pic posted the lower control arm looks as though you are beginning to get deeper in the travel, as it is pointing at an upward angle to the outside. Where does this place your coilover in its range of travel? I'm using the ATS spindle along with their Chicane upper mount with ridetech arms and Coilovers and the lowers are close to level and the uppers are pretty much in the middle of the ball joint range of motion when set at the ride height I am going for. The XRF ball joints that Speedtech uses has an extreme amount of travel and my tie rods actually contact the bottom of the frame rail before the ball joint is out of articulation.Name:  20220220_170813.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  322.3 KBName:  20220220_170825.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  323.7 KBName:  20220131_153821.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  247.4 KBName:  20220220_170903.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  338.9 KB (Don't mind my cut up frame rail as I cut out a lot of excess material on the factory spring bucket and will be boxing and plating that area back in.)
      -Mike

Hey Mike, I just saw your post.

I haven't worked on the car ,as I got hit hard with covid a couple weeks ago.

I'll update everyone when I get back on it.

I also sent the speedway splined sway bar back,and will be making a custom one with the help from speedtech.

Thank you for the pictures,much appreciated.
      Phil
      72 chevelle.

68 chevelle

I have a 68 Chevelle with Speedtech's upper and lower control arms with their AFX spindles. My ball joints look about the same angle.. I spoke to Speed tech some time ago and they mention that it looks fine..

Any feed back from speedtech about the custom sway bar?

viking 10" springs
      viking 207-T shocks

I also have Global west's extended upper travel coil over kit.. COF-42Name:  IMG_0266.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  418.9 KB

I think the upper balljoint angle is only going to be an issue if it binds at full compression. The best way to check is to cycle the suspension and make sure it can hit full compression without binding. Full compression should be set by the stops on the lower control arms and ideally not the shock.
      Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

I got only the delrin bushings from speedtech,and pics of Allan Miller's 70 chevelle that did a bar from parts supplied by them,I made the mounts,and tubes myself.
      The bar,and arms I got from 1speedwaymotors.
      72 chevelle.

"You are correct, the shock needs enough stroke to not bottom out.
      You want roughly 5 inches of wheel travel. Most vehicles we deal with have a roughly 2:1 motion ratio. . .so the shock moves 1/2 the distance the tire moves. So theoretically you need a 2.5" stroke shock, minimum.
      Now, that being said, putting a 9 inch stroke shock in the car does not give you 18 inches of wheel travel. The ball joints will bind or you'll hit bumpstops long before that."
      This is quoted from Britt marolf.

A really long shock isn't necessary.
      About a 4.00-5.00 stroke shock is plenty.

72 chevelle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com