Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

First Gen steering arm clearance with Ridetech spindles

Hey guys,

Is this something I need to worry about? My stock steering arms are out at the powdercoater, so I can’t check anything right now. I’m running a 17x8 front wheel with 4.75” backspacing. The plan was to just run stock steering linkage, but now I’m wondering if the Tru Turn system is required for these spindles to work.

Thanks
      Andy

1967 Camaro RS
      Magnacharged LS1/T56
      543 rwhp, 516 rwtq
      Sold

1968 Firebird
      LS427/570 and T56 Magnum

Country Flag: United States
      You don’t have to run the tru turn with the spindles. It’s mainly for bump steer correction and some clearance to run a wide front rim.
      1970 Elcamino ls3/t56, ricks/vaporworx, sc&c afx ,forgeline zx3, kore3 z51/ls1
      1969 Camaro ls1/t56, ricks/vaporworx, ride-tech,forgeline ga3,
      1996 civic the car that makes it all possible

Thanks. I guess the question is whether my wheels/tires will hit. I don’t consider my 17x8 / 4.75” BS wheels to be big, but I feel like the tie rod was already pretty close. Tru Turn would be awesome, but then it seems I’ll likely introduce header issues.
      Andy

1967 Camaro RS
      Magnacharged LS1/T56
      543 rwhp, 516 rwtq
      Sold

1968 Firebird
      LS427/570 and T56 Magnum

I mocked up the ridetech spindle stock steering "short arm" arms and stock linkage with a 17x8 4.5 bs and had plenty of clearance, when I installed the truturn it got closer to the rim on my setup, but the new tie rod (rod end) is smaller so it helps.

Not really a good comparison but I just took a picture so you can see the stock arm kicks in more.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com