Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

67 Camaro LS7 E38 ECM Deap Pedal Problems

Ok, Long Story but 67 camaro with Early 2008 LS& with E38 ECM Swap. Came out of a burned wreck with new intake and injectors, throttle body etc.
      Car ran great to almost WOT and about 6K Plus had limp mode every pull. After much tuning crap and hair pulling, I discovered that what I had came with a gold blade later LS3 style throttle body. My Earlier VIN Vette LS7 actually came with a Silver Blade Throttle Body, so I ordered one, swapped, did a throttle relearn and she ran like a top into over 7 grand no REP, no Limp, no Dead Pedal. For about 3 months. Then one evening while driving home from church, I had an all of the sudden tail lights go out and fuse pop. So tracked that to an extra insulated Jacket Male Connector I had left hanging that touched ground. It was feeding the hot to my gauge pack. So when it happened I lost all Dash and Gauge Lights as well as Tail Lights.
      On the way home while driving AFTER that happened i hit Limp Mode Dead Pedal in 4th gear in a slight pull.
      Didnt think much about it but came in the shop, found the Male Connector Shorting out on the Steering Column, Plugged it with a dummy female, replace Fuses and all was fine.
      Except the Dead Pedal. Now if I turn Key On, Cycle Pedal, Pedal goes immediately Dead with Codes P0122, P1516 and P2135.
      Now P1516 I was seeing with the old Gold Throttle Blade.
      So I did a Throtte Relearn and no change. But If I turn Key On , Cycle Pedal, then Run Diagnostic with HP Scan, Then Start and run it runs great for a little while, then randomly back to Dead Pedal all the Way, or REP Limp Mode then Dead Pedal.
      Could my lit e Wire Short Deal somehow Shorted out my Pedal or Throttle Body TPS or TAC??
      All was Fine until that Incident.
      . The Wire that shorted out is in the Car Harness, Nothing to do with the Swap Harness. Fused Separately and all.

TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

hello,

Have you tested the wiring for your pedal and the pedal itself since the wiring issue happened? It sounds like you are on the right track suspecting a shorted out pedal. Id start by verifying the pedal is getting power then verifying the pedal is increasing/decreasing in voltage when pressed. If you have HP tuners or some other tuning software it would be pretty simple to log.

Quote Originally Posted by robbbc View Post
      hello,

Have you tested the wiring for your pedal and the pedal itself since the wiring issue happened? It sounds like you are on the right track suspecting a shorted out pedal. Id start by verifying the pedal is getting power then verifying the pedal is increasing/decreasing in voltage when pressed. If you have HP tuners or some other tuning software it would be pretty simple to log.
      I just bought HP. I'll have to learn how to data log. I also printed out the test criteria for the throttle body. I'll get to that and a wiring check this weekend. I haven't had time over the holiday.
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

All wiring for pedal test good.
      Throttle body test bad. Bad thing is I got the silver blade expensive one. Only way I can switch to gd ade is go with later OP system in me e38 ecu, unless someone knows something I don't.
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Man you're in a bad situation. With what you described, you could have very well shorted out the pedal, the TAC, and the TB. Does the pedal voltage increase/decrease when pressing the pedal? You can log this with the HPT scanner. It takes some getting use to but cn be very handy. The channel to log is "Throttle Position Sensor" [voltage] It should read within 0-5v when pressing the pedal. Also, add the channel "Commanded Throttle Actuator." CTA will read up to 100% instead of stopping at 83.4%. I've tried to look at the HPT forum for a scenario like yours for the past hour or so but have not come across anything definitive yet. Side questions; Is your car NA or FI and what type of pedal are you using?

Normally aspirated. Pedal is corvette. I've trouble shot everything. It smoked the throttle body.
      A 6 months old GM silver blade I gave 650 for. OMG.
      I replaced with an aftermarket, Dorman to be exact.
      All is well again. What a stupid mistake.
      God I love this car lol!
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

LOL I feel you brother! That stinks but i'm glad you got it figured out. Good luck with it!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com