Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

MAP Question/P0108

Not certain if this is the proper place to ask this question, but I'm going to try anyway .

I have a stock GMPP LSX454 crate engine in my Camaro, with the stock GM control system/ECU, etc. The instructions that come with the controller state to use the following when using a scan tool:

"Use information from Chevrolet Performance Parts Diagnostics, 2006- 2011 Cadillac CTS, 2006 – 2010 Corvette or 2010-2011 Camaro"

So, I hooked up a OBDII device from BlueDriver and told it that I had a 2011 Cadillac. It immediately set the MIL and is recording a P0108 code. Now, I've never had the check engine light come on with this engine, so the fact that it set the first one when I hooked up the scan tool makes me highly suspect. The scantool cannot clear this code when ordered to do so.

So, a multi-part question:

1. Is there a way to make the computer forget about this code to see if it comes back? I've read some places about disconnecting the battery for 12 minutes, is that all that it takes?
      2. Because the coincidence is strong, is it possible that telling the scan tool that the car is something that it is not could cause a code like this? (The scantool software doesn't even let you drill down to the model of the vehicle, so that feels a little suspect. Like, it only lets you choose a "2011 Cadillac" and not specifically the CTS, or it only lets you choose a "Chevrolet," not specifically a Camaro or Corvette)
      3. In the unusual event that this code is actually legitimate, I've read some things that indicate that you can't just purchase and install a new MAP sensor, but that it must be "calibrated" or "tuned;" is that correct information? Seems that, given my skill set and tools available, that would force me to take the car to a shop to have the MAP replaced (but as you can probably tell, I don't think that there's anything actually wrong with it)

Thank you for your time and consideration.
      Steve

I would try a different scanner. Some of them do some odd things…

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Thanks, Don. I think that this might be my 3rd one over the years, it doesn't seem like anyone has cornered the market on reliable tools that connect to an iPad.
      Steve

Steve, if your scanner is able to read live data then that will help you with troubleshooting. You can pull the battery cable and reset the pcm but if the circuit is reading out of limits then it will come back until you see what is going on. If you have good voltage coming into/going out of your sensor maybe your current sensor is the issue.

Knowing what voltage the map sensor is seeing/returning to the PCM will help you narrow it down. Try looking at this https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-dtc-p0108.pdf

If the sensor voltage checks good, then reset the battery cable and check it out again later. Some codes will come up and not trigger the CEL light. Maybe it was a one time issue? WHo knows. Oh, and if you have to replace the sensor, buy AC Delco. No cheap autozone stuff.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Thanks, Chris! Not certain that the Bluetooth module that I have can dig in as deep as that document that you linked would indicate, but it is good reading and I will peruse it to see if I can get a bead on what might be happening there.

Steve