Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

I might be done with Summit Racing

Had 1 too many issues at this point.

I’ve gotten damaged, previously installed parts from them a couple of times and then this last one was a body mount bushing kit that didn’t fit. They decided not to take it back for refund or exchange. Granted, I was outside the return policy window but their information and Prothane’s information said it would fit. Both have since changed their application info and I’m stuck with the parts.

It’s like $130 which won’t break me but I’ve spent thousands with these people and I just don’t appreciate the lack of accountability. The service rep I spoke to sounded like I woke him up from a nap and was polite but not helpful.

There are other vendors out there that won’t cost me any more money to use.

That probably has happened to most of us at one time or another.

I just look at it as more swap meet material. In the end it's not a total loss.
      Don 67 Camaro RS/SS Texas

Order the right part that fits & return the parts that dont fit within the return period.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Their information is only going to be as good whoever their part source is. Was it past the 180 days? They'll take it back after 90days but then you have to pay a 15% restocking fee.
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

Quote Originally Posted by Samckitt View Post
      Order the right part that fits & return the parts that dont fit within the return period.
      In this case it was a back order part and I needed to set the car back on the frame. The paint shop discovered the Prothane parts don't fit. All I had was the vendor information (which has since been pulled).

Thanks for sage advice.

many shops like my own do not charge more then summit... and often I have sales I pass on... just had some crazy MOMO wheels on sale for 99 bucks each.. i know summit didn't pass on the sale to customers

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      many shops like my own do not charge more then summit... and often I have sales I pass on... just had some crazy MOMO wheels on sale for 99 bucks each.. i know summit didn't pass on the sale to customers
      I've learned that over the last while. The only real thing Summit has going is the size of their catalog. Been using smaller vendors or direct mfr for the big purchases lately.

I've always had very good success with Summit Racing. Mind you not perfect, I like the fact they have a warehouse in Sparks Nv.

Summit seems to have been taken over by the bean counters. I use them because I can see if it is in stock and usually get my parts the next day.

For big ticket items I use MCB. Their customer service is first rate.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ430 View Post
      That probably has happened to most of us at one time or another.

Quote Originally Posted by BernardWilliamson View Post

No one will notice if I just copy pasta and then I will sneak some spam into the post I quoted.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

A slick move lol
      Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
      No one will notice if I just copy pasta and then I will sneak some spam into the post I quoted.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

I used to have their phone number memorized. The guys on the phone were real car guys and would offer advice. Now they are more of a catalog warehouse. They have lots of stuff and fair prices. I mostly use them for OEM replacement parts now.

If I need specialty stuff, I work with smaller firms that are more expert in their products.

They have changed a lot over the years. However, I have not had a bad experience with them. They always send me what I order. I've never received used or open parts.

Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post

Mmmm...

I got Summit to stop with the Captchas every time you search their site. I complained to them with an email, then spent a year sending them emails showing parts I ordered from their competitors because of the Captchas on every Summit and stated that I would have bought from them but I was tired of them wanting me to do a Captcha every time I searched their site for parts. Was it me? Probably not really, but I like to think so.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

I order from Summit when they have a hard to find part and / or I need a part quickly. I can normally get a part the next day if its in their closest location. They aren't very competitive price wise but I have found there service to be great. Last year I ordered the wrong part by mistake (for a 68 instead of a 69 Camaro) and they sent me a return label and shipped the correct part that was a bit more expensive and only charged for the return shipping not the price difference.

Built a 351W for my Sons 88 F150 @2020 and used a crane cam, and other parts from summit and sone from other vendors for the build . Cam (hydraulic) lost a lobe after about 200 miles and circulated metal through the new engine.
      Summit couldn’t have been better to us. Not only stood up for the failed part but supplied everything else that could have suffered damage because of it. New pistons/rings ,timing set, oil pump, crankshaft , rod/main bearings , gasket set , everything. I couldn’t believe it.

The best customer service I have ever experienced anywhere -ever !

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com