Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Flush mount windshield

Looking for some advise and insight on flush mounting glass on a 69 dodge charger? Didn'r find a flush mount manufacture for the charger. Thanks stucat

On a 73 Nova of mine I flush mounted the front and back glass years before they had any kits out and basically had some body thickness steel bent up and then using a stock glass, brought the new steel within a 1/4" or so from the edge to where later I could add a rubber "T" molding to fill the gap. I also bought the glass setting caulk to know how deep to have the new glass channel as this had to be raised up from how it was originally. My reasoning for putting on this rubber molding around the edge was so that if I ever had to replace the glass I had a little wiggle room should the new one be a little larger or smaller overall.

Back when I did the work on mine I never thought about taking pictures of the work but if you think it through and have some decent fabrication skills you can make the stock glass work.

Jim

Looks good..

What the heck fifty, The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 50 characters.

Country Flag: United States
      Nice fab skills!! I like the fact that you just took charge and made what you need!! Looks Great!!!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com