Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Alkaline Water - Good or Bad?

Bit off topic, but thought I'd get some feedback from the Pro Touring community... Have any of yous tried drinking Alkaline water?

It's been spinned as being good for your health and neutralisises acidity levels. Sounds like ti might work well for heartburn and excess acid. But I'm cautious about switching from regular water after all these years.

Also, the cost is substantial. It works out about 50% mpre pricey than a bottle of regular water. Is it all it's cracked up to be?

They have alkaline water in ponds out in western ND and central MT where we pheasant hunt and it makes our dogs throw up and have really loose stools.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 79 Camaro View Post
      They have alkaline water in ponds out in western ND and central MT where we pheasant hunt and it makes our dogs throw up and have really loose stools.
      So it could be part of a weight loss plan maybe?

Country Flag: United States
      Sounds like it's Alka-seltzer. Works great for an upset stomach but I don't think I'd try drinking it full time. Drinking water should be pH neutral in my opinion.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

That's as good an evidence as any to steer clear from it

Thank you!

:D

Yeah, never thought of it as being like alka seltzer... good point!

I was reading that it can be good for neutralising acidity in your stomach. And can help with acid reflux, see this here https://purewaterions.com/what-is-alkaline-water/.

But if it's making your dog poop then that's a good sign that maybe it should be avoided. Then again, we all need to poop some time.

:D :D