Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: T56 rattle

T56 rattle

Anyone else on here have a new tremec that the shifter rattles when you rip through 2nd-4th gear? From 2500rpm up? I finally put weather stripping in my truck and it sounds so much louder.

When I’m cruising down the freeway in 5-6th and I put a heavy load on it it also does it but I was told that’s normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cshenker1121 View Post
      Anyone else on here have a new tremec that the shifter rattles when you rip through 2nd-4th gear? From 2500rpm up? I finally put weather stripping in my truck and it sounds so much louder.

When I’m cruising down the freeway in 5-6th and I put a heavy load on it it also does it but I was told that’s normal.
      Drained the fluid, looked horrible. It was driven STF. Put in some Royal Putple Synchromax and it’s 100 times better. For anyone with this problem.

I've seen where Monolec 1150 is recommended for the T-56. Reports cooler tailshaft temps during testing..

I’m blown away fluid made that much of a difference. Thanks for the info

T56 rattle

Double posted

Mine had a slight gear chatter if you rest your hand on the shifter.
      Normal driving was not that bad, but it does exhibit enough vibration to make my line lock button rattle.

I also drained the fluid after about 1500 miles & there was a lot of synchro particles in there.
      It was quieter after a fluid change to the Monolec 1150.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance View Post
      Mine had a slight gear chatter if you rest your hand on the shifter.
      Normal driving was not that bad, but it does exhibit enough vibration to make my line lock button rattle.

I also drained the fluid after about 1500 miles & there was a lot of synchro particles in there.
      It was quieter after a fluid change to the Monolec 1150.
      Mine was pretty excessive. I had some bad driveline problems from a past shop and long story short I had to replace the tailshaft housing and bushing on a new transmission. When the new shop did that they put the old fluid back in. I’d say it almost rattled worse. New fluid fixed most of it. Still does it but not nearly as much. Very minimal. Might give the monolec 1150 a try down the road.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com