Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

18x8 square set up First gen f body?

So my project is a 68 Firebird and I wanted to see if anyone is running a square wheel and tire set up on their ride? I was thinking of
      American Racing VN510 - 18x8 , 4.5 in BS
      American Racing VN510 -18x10, 5.97 in BS

The reason I'm asking about the square set up is because I don't know if 18x10s would clear in the back with stock fenders, and unfortunately
      American racing moves from 8 to 10 inches, nothing in between :(

So anyone out there running a 18x8 square set up and if so what tires are you running and what does it look like? or If any one is running an 18x10 rear on stock fenders, what are the wheel and tire specs for that as well?

Country Flag: United States
      I did a bunch of research on this before I ordered mine. I found the 10's will not fit in the back with stock set up.
      Biggest you can run is 18x8 & 18x9.5" Obviously BS will play into this.
      But no matter even with the proper BS that's as much as you can push it without modifications.

Rear I'm Running 275/40/18 & 18/x9.5 rim.
      With that set up, I still have times when they'll rub the left side inner wheel well in the rear but not the right when going in driveways etc.

Front is 235/40/18.
      Front on a 67 has a sharper turning radius than 68-69 so I can possibly attribute this next one to that.
      Under full lock I still rub the paint off the stock subframe but nothing major.

So it appears I've pushed the limit as far as I can without any modifications. If I had it to do over, I'd go with 225/45/18 so the sidewall would be the same both front and back and narrow the tire up a fraction.

Country Flag: United States
      I think you are going to need ridetech Tru Turn to run anything wider than 9 up front.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com