Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Cheap Shop Heat

Country Flag: United States

Cheap Shop Heat

Hey PT, Last year I built my first waste oil shop heater, it works Fantastic! If you're looking for a really inexpensive way to heat your shop, check out my build. Thanks

https://youtu.be/LPNRrNZmqcM

I have an Econo-Heat waist oil furnace.. heats my 50 foot by 50 foot main floor hanger plus 20 by 55 side shop, storage, bathroom and office to 70 degrees on about 5 to 8 gallons a day.. when needed I can turn a fan on near the ceiling and heat up my 35 by 15 paint room…

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by 69CougarXR7 View Post
      I have an Econo-Heat waist oil furnace.. heats my 50 foot by 50 foot main floor hanger plus 20 by 55 side shop, storage, bathroom and office to 70 degrees on about 5 to 8 gallons a day.. when needed I can turn a fan on near the ceiling and heat up my 35 by 15 paint room…

Brian

That's awesome Brian, that's a big space to heat! My gravity fed burner uses about 3 Gallons a day and heats to 60 on a 30 degree day. Costs about $1.50/day in electricity.

Man, I need one of these. Thanks for the post

Hi 67FirebirdKiller,

I watched your video, well done on the heater.

Do you have any idea on how long you expect the heat exchanger tubes to last? Have you considered using a smaller valve to make it less "touchy" to control the oil stream? Probably overkill, but do you have a CO detector in the shop?

Thanks.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com