Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Which Battery?

Which Battery?

Looking for a battery for my 69 Camaro with top and side post. I had an optima years ago, wasn’t impressed, replaced with an Everstart a few years back and it’s in need for another battery, what’s a good brand these days?

I’m happy with my Diehard platinum agm. I can let it sit for months, and it’ll still fire up a big block without hesitation. I think that Odyssey was making the Diehards back when I bought it years ago. Then I heard that the Diehard platinum agms were discontinued, but I just looked and it appears they’re available again, although I’m not sure who is manufacturing them now.

Country Flag: United States
      I hope the die hard agm I put in my truck works out better than the advance auto agm I had in the camaro. Made it 2 months past warranty. Find out I'm not alone with that experience. I guess I'll find out next fall.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

I've been happy with my Odyssey Extreme AGM

Did you have a red or yellow top optima? I run a dual post yellow top in my wagon, BBC,knock on wood, i've had that battery 9 years, no issues.
      It's also remote mounted in the spare tire well and I run 3/0 battery cable power and ground. Alternator charge wire is 1/0. Over the winter I pull the battery and set it on an optima charger/maintainer.

optima red top, side post, remote vent top kit as is trunk mounted in open air billet mount in convertible with potential fumes to cabin, 3yrs strong.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com