Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

What LS computer do I need

After listening to all my friends, the LS "guru's" I bought a 2002 6.0 motor and 4L80E with about 168,000 miles. I was told not to worry about the computer. It is going into a 66 Lemans. Now, I am told that to make the DBW work I should have gotten the computer, but also some kinda module behind the dash too. I was also told that the gas petal was needed and that the Locar will not work. I would like to have the cruise control if possible. I am told , that no other computer/parts will work. I was not worried about the wiring harness, because I planned on using an after market one.I have a blue/red computer for cable. I have access of a 2003 5.3 4L60 complete and running cheep. Could I take that and use the parts for the 6.0. I am told they make a cable to change from a 4L60 to the 4L80. I just wanted a bigger motor as I am downsizing about 1/3 of my HP and almost 1/2 torque. I have to go to an automatic. That is the reason to go LS as built trans for that much torque would require a $700/$1000 trans controller besides the trans swap from my TKO600. Yes, I know it will require a retune.

Country Flag: United States
      Yes, there is a module behind the dash that sits between the pedal and the ECU. I'm pretty sure you can use the DBC computer you have it will just require a full flash to a DBW setup with something like HP Tuners or EFI live....
      Personally i would by a harness that is setup for standalone and already wired for a 4l80. Its one less connection point of failure to worry about.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com