Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

G8 TR6060 vs Camaro TR6060

Doing a turbo 5.3 swap into my 1981 trans am and found a tr6060 the guy thought was from a Camaro. Called Tremec and they say it's from a G8.

From what I'm having a hard time seeing, the bell housing is a different length and requires a different TOB. But im curious if it would still work in my setup or not. Not sure the overall length and placement of the shifter compared to the Camaro version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Country Flag: United States
      It should still work just fine. I wouldn't worry too much about that difference in TOB, it's more of a change in how the bearings connected to the master cylinder than anything else. The shifter arrangement will be tricky either way unless you go with something this is a direct mount to the tailhousing rather than the tunnel mounting the factory used.
      visit us on the web at www.bowlertransmissions.com

Country Flag: United States
      I started with a 2010 Camaro TR6060 and did a T56 Magnum tailshaft swap. You have to dive deep into your trans, but you essentially end up with a T56 Magnum. I did it to gain a slip yoke in my 1968 Camaro as well as a stronger transmission. I'd be willing to bet that the TOB are interchangeable.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com